Ames, IA
Kinda obvious isn't it?
giphy.gif

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
No, it will be effective just before they release their Bolton decision.

No, they will make it worse that that.

They will approve his waiver and then just before our first game reverse their decision to be in compliance with the new guidelines.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I ******* hate the ISU pity parties. STFU. If he gets it great. If not we’ll roll with who we have and probably make the most of it. THAT is Iowa State. Not whatever the WE ARE ISU/Nut cups crap is. That’s for pathetic losers that hate their own lives and use ISU athletics as a projection tool to make everyone else’s as miserable as theirs.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I ******* hate the ISU pity parties. STFU. If he gets it great. If not we’ll roll with who we have and probably make the most of it. THAT is Iowa State. Not whatever the WE ARE ISU/Nut cups crap is. That’s for pathetic losers that hate their own lives and use ISU athletics as a projection tool to make everyone else’s as miserable as theirs.
Tell us how you really feel.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Tell us how you really feel.
Get it off your chest and you’ll feel better

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So that update posted by @Messi indicates we have not even sent it in yet but have spent the time polishing the application for the waiver? Anyway he can practice next week and if approved can play in the Italy thingie.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty sure he can practice and play in Italy regardless of the waiver.

Practice for sure, not so sure about playing. Won't these be like exhibition games or the preseason scrimmages? Those scored scrimmages, like with Nebraska, don't think the guys sitting out play in those.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Practice for sure, not so sure about playing. Won't these be like exhibition games or the preseason scrimmages? Those scored scrimmages, like with Nebraska, don't think the guys sitting out play in those.

I think previous sit outs have played over seas, but it wouldn't make sense for a sit out transfer to play in a scrimmage right before the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
An approved waiver request. Not sure the circumstances behind this one

Interesting bc even Vermont put out a release talking about how hed have to sit 1.. hrs from Florida so it’s not about moving closer to family and after he announced his transfer wrote a note on twitter thanking Okie st and staff for opportunity etc..

Just shows we have no idea what kids send in as waiver and what ncaa buys and what they don’t.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
An approved waiver request. Not sure the circumstances behind this one

I can't seem to find anything suggesting he even applied for a waiver. The one article I read said he would sit out.

What do we know of Oklahoma State that might have led to this?

Demuth is from Seminole, Florida (which is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg metro area), so while it is possible he might have some family in Vermont or New England he requested to be closer to, I would not imagine it would be pretty likely. Has to be OSU, right?