***Official Y Cap City Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Prentiss's 3pt percentages continue to struggle. Is he nursing an injured hand?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Prentiss's 3pt percentages continue to struggle. Is he nursing an injured hand?

I haven't watched enough live action, but based on the highlights I've seen from CSU and CCL, his shot selection might be the issue. He likes to shoot contested shots off the dribble, often kicks his leg out, and fades away. These all lead to inconsistencies.

Prohm said that he improved his three-point shooting in his year off. I guess we'll see. Every player is better off catching and shooting open three pointers. Nixon appears to prefer the fake crossover pull-up jumper with a hand in his face (not sure what the actual move is called), which looks cool, but is low-percentage. I wouldn't doubt if Nixon shoots well on the gun or in workouts, but struggles to translate it to live action. Just a hunch.

There's a reason why Haliburton shot so well last season. He was wide open and didn't dribble.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m excited about Tre but then I always think back to feeling really excited about Tavon Sledge after cap city league. I do think Tre will me more of a contributor than I originally thought this year.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not exactly the most comparable players lol. Sledge was 5'9. Tre is 6'1.
I get Tre is said to be 6’1” but I have a really really hard time believing that. From video his body looks similar to Tavons. I’m sure though he probably is taller than he appears. I don’t see that as a limitation anyways for him. Like I said though, I think Tre contributes a lot this year and looks like a great outside shooter.