Stranger Things Season 3

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Did we learn in Season 2 that Matthew Modine's character is still alive? He'd be my bet for the American

I agree. He would be much more of an "asset" then Hopper. The red's already know what the portal is, but Dr. Brenner would have likely been instrumental in them developing the tech to open it, etc.

Also, what the hell happened to the other Hawkin's Lab kids? I don't recall any sort of end to that loop. That would be another potential asset for the russkies.

As for the ending, I felt like from the first 1-2 episodes we already knew Hopper was dead. That redemption arc was set up pretty early. I really enjoyed that season!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Just finished it and I loved it. Went to Reddit to read some theories for season 4 and was surprised by the hate it was getting. But I think mostly that’s just people trying to find something to complain about

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Also loved it, not sure what it is about the show, nostalgia i guess, but best season to me I think.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This was a fantastic season 3, but how does everyone live through all these ridiculous monster attacks and gun fire...oh television drama, I love you.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Finished it last night, loved it. Season 2 was not bad, but it just didn't compare to Season 1. This season was much better than season 2, though. I loved the frequent bits of humor that did really well to loosen up the tension, especially throughout the last few episodes. Never Ending Story seemed out of place, but I thought it was fine. It could have been cringey, and judging by some of the reactions I've seen on the internet, not everyone liked that scene, but I thought it worked.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
Did we learn in Season 2 that Matthew Modine's character is still alive? He'd be my bet for the American

Okay, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I think Brenner is the American, and Hopper is still alive in the Upside Down. I think at the beginning of Season 4 they are going to reveal fairly early that Brenner is the American, and slow play Hopper in the Upside Down (making people upset thinking he is dead). Somehow Brenner will play into the rescue of Hopper and get killed (following the pattern of those with a "B" name dying - Barb, Bob, Billy...). Also, Hopper kept talking about keeping the door three inches open (like the door to the Upside Down?). Finally, they played the song "Heroes" at the end of the season, like they did in the first season when Will was supposedly dead. Too many coincidences, I think. Like a lot of people, I think Hopper is alive, but I don't necessarily think he's the American.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Okay, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I think Brenner is the American, and Hopper is still alive in the Upside Down. I think at the beginning of Season 4 they are going to reveal fairly early that Brenner is the American, and slow play Hopper in the Upside Down (making people upset thinking he is dead). Somehow Brenner will play into the rescue of Hopper and get killed (following the pattern of those with a "B" name dying - Barb, Bob, Billy...). Also, Hopper kept talking about keeping the door three inches open (like the door to the Upside Down?). Finally, they played the song "Heroes" at the end of the season, like they did in the first season when Will was supposedly dead. Too many coincidences, I think. Like a lot of people, I think Hopper is alive, but I don't necessarily think he's the American.
I've read a lot of theories about it being either Brenner or Hopper and never really thought about both of them being alive. I like it. I would be shocked if Hopper is actually dead and I read somewhere an interview with him that basically made it sound like he's not dead. I also think it'd be terrible writing if Brenner is never brought up again. Looking back, I'm a little disappointed with him not showing up in S3

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I really like that idea. The first thing I said to my gf when Hopper was trapped behind the wall of energy or whatever it was, was that he is going to survive by jumping into the upside down and that will be next season.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Great season and great characters all around.
would have like fleshing out billy more and maybe making his redemption a bit more satisfying. I really think the next season should be a war of the experimental kids. Have 11’s sister find her again to stop another one of them who has gone crazy. Maybe even have a group of them that need to team up to stop one powerful one under the control of papa. Maybe have it go down in Hawkins so all the other characters can play a role.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Great season and great characters all around.
would have like fleshing out billy more and maybe making his redemption a bit more satisfying. I really think the next season should be a war of the experimental kids. Have 11’s sister find her again to stop another one of them who has gone crazy. Maybe even have a group of them that need to team up to stop one powerful one under the control of papa. Maybe have it go down in Hawkins so all the other characters can play a role.

I think they definitely have to play a part, especially with how awkward and forced that felt in season 2. They were forced into the storyline for future use. I think Elle losing her powers will be the connection. They’ll come to her/the gang’s rescue at some point and help her get her powers back.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I had a problem with the very end but otherwise really enjoyed it. I would expand on this but have no clue how to do this spoiler thingy.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Just finished last night. Didn't think it was that great. It felt to me like they know how they want it to end and had to fill in a season. Still certainly entertaining and it definitely doesn't hurt the series, I just thought some things were a little cheap and a little bit of a re-run.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I really like that idea. The first thing I said to my gf when Hopper was trapped behind the wall of energy or whatever it was, was that he is going to survive by jumping into the upside down and that will be next season.

I read an article the other day talking about the some recent interviews with the director. It's been confirmed that the destinations for Season 4 are all over the place vs just being in Hawking. The theory is that the portal's can be used to teleport of sorts. So to back up your theory, Hopper could have jumped into the portal. At the same time I'm sure USSR was also trying to work portals at home but without as much success as in Hawking. So Hopper jumps in, and the scientists in USSR find him and pull him out. https://tvline.com/2019/07/09/stranger-things-season-4-spoilers-portals-russia-hopper/

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron