Stranger Things Season 3

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Thoroughly enjoyed this season. They can’t crank out season 4 fast enough.

Hopper is far and away my favorite character..followed by Steve. Great writing and i love the 80’s nostalgia.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Gunk and bos

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Thoroughly enjoyed this season. They can’t crank out season 4 fast enough.

Hopper is far and away my favorite character..followed by Steve. Great writing and i love the 80’s nostalgia.

Nancy is bae.

I thought Millie Bobby Brown has really improved her acting chops since the first season. I thought she was really good.

Winona Ryder proved she can be fantastic in this role when she’s allowed to do more than just scream and cry.

David Harbour is obviously fantastic and carries the show.

I thought Maya Hawke was excellent as well (as she probably should be with that lineage.)

Jake Busey just really needs to stop being given roles though.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Stranger things is my entire childhood..in nearly every way...from the time..to the music..to the D&D etc..

I can’t describe the feelings and emotions this series has brought out..

Reactions: mfelske and jmb

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Nancy is bae.

I thought Millie Bobby Brown has really improved her acting chops since the first season. I thought she was really good.

Winona Ryder proved she can be fantastic in this role when she’s allowed to do more than just scream and cry.

David Harbour is obviously fantastic and carries the show.

I thought Maya Hawke was excellent as well (as she probably should be with that lineage.)

Jake Busey just really needs to stop being given roles though.
She wasn’t bad first season. They hve just morphed her character.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Stranger things is my entire childhood..in nearly every way...from the time..to the music..to the D&D etc..

I can’t describe the feelings and emotions this series has brought out..
Same here. Ex dnd but had friends that played.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I didn't realize the ice cream girl is Uma Thurman's daughter. I was wondering why she kept reminding me of Uma. I like Uma. :rolleyes:

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Thought this season was fantastic.
I can't think of who else the American in the prison cell at the end would be besides Hopper. Everyone else seemed accounted for.

I was thinking it could have been the eccentric translator guy in the other cell. Although they did call Hopper “the American” over their radios. Hope you are right. We will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I was thinking it could have been the eccentric translator guy in the other cell. Although they did call Hopper “the American” over their radios. Hope you are right. We will just have to wait and see.

he meets up with Joyce after everything was all said and done, though. I mean, I suppose it still could have been, but my assumption was it would have happened at the same time all of the Russians disappeared.[/spoilers]

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
No way that Hopper is dead. He's the American in the Russian prison at the end for sure. This season was REALLY good though. Probably the best.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
No way that Hopper is dead. He's the American in the Russian prison at the end for sure. This season was REALLY good though. Probably the best.

I struggle to say it’s the best season. Honestly, probably the only thing keeping me from it is that I just thought the Demogorgon was such a fantastic monster, and the Upside Down was so fascinating to me. Outside of those two things missing, though, I would probably have to say this season was better than season 1.

The Duffer Brothers pretty much admitted that the problems that season 2 had, it HAD to have because season 2 was going to be the big set up for Seasons 3 and 4 being bangers, and so far, that’s held true.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Just finished the third season. Amazing season. Can’t wait for season 4. Thought it was just as good as season one. Maybe slightly better.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Finished it yesterday. Great season.

I'm kind of torn on whether I want the American prisoner in the post-credit scene to be Hopper. I mean, the show would definitely suffer without him, but at the same time I hate it when shows/movies make you feel all the feels watching the other characters deal with death only to bring the dead person back. Main characters that are too important to really die is such a boring, over-done trope.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
he meets up with Joyce after everything was all said and done, though. I mean, I suppose it still could have been, but my assumption was it would have happened at the same time all of the Russians disappeared.[/spoilers]
I was thinking since Hopper gave away Murray’s address the Russians may have abducted him afterwards and then after a short time jump taken him to the prison where he is the American in the cell. I agree with an earlier post that bringing Hopper back would make it seem that characters can’t “die” and the feelings you get as a viewer after losing a beloved character should be left alone. Kind of like TWD bringing Glen back from the dead after the dumpster scene just to really kill him shorty after (for The Walking Dead fans).