John Daly denied cart

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Daly asked to use a cart at the open starting in a few weeks and was denied. He has arthritis in his knee apparently.

I thought part of professional golf was also walking the 7-8 miles a day on the course since it's an athletic endeavor.

Kinda seems like a basketball players getting a doctors note so he doesn't have to get back on defense.

I honestly thought John Daly died of alcoholism and general body abuse a decade ago...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Daly asked to use a cart at the open starting in a few weeks and was denied. He has arthritis in his knee apparently.

I thought part of professional golf was also walking the 7-8 miles a day on the course since it's an athletic endeavor.

Kinda seems like a basketball players getting a doctors note so he doesn't have to get back on defense.

I honestly thought John Daly died of alcoholism and general body abuse a decade ago...

Daly shouldn't have been allowed a cart in the PGA Championship either this year IMO. Glad that The Open isn't allowing it. Fact of the matter is that Daly is a fat, lazy guy who has let himself go to hell and that's why he can no longer walk a course.

As for taking 6+ hrs for them to play, that's because they play WAY too slow... not because they don't walk fast enough.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Saw Daly at the Principal Charity Classic and he looks like ****. Doesn't move well at all. He definitely has some issues going on. I agree with others, his lifestyle choices does not make him a sympathetic figure. He can still rip it though!

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Daly shouldn't have been allowed a cart in the PGA Championship either this year IMO. Glad that The Open isn't allowing it. Fact of the matter is that Daly is a fat, lazy guy who has let himself go to hell and that's why he can no longer walk a course.

As for taking 6+ hrs for them to play, that's because they play WAY too slow... not because they don't walk fast enough.
He should be allowed a cart ONLY if his score was strictly ceremonial. And his presence did not cut some other golfer from the field.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Saw Daly at the Principal Charity Classic and he looks like ****. Doesn't move well at all. He definitely has some issues going on. I agree with others, his lifestyle choices does not make him a sympathetic figure. He can still rip it though!
Idk enough about golf but has he always just kind of been a sideshow? Or was he considered like a great talent at some point.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hey, it’s nice to have someone else wash your balls every now and then.
anigif_sub-buzz-4485-1509571135-3.gif

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Idk enough about golf but has he always just kind of been a sideshow? Or was he considered like a great talent at some point.

He has 2 major tournament wins. And 5 total. He won the PGA Championship his first year on the tour.
He should be jn the hall of fame someday. Might take a bit longer as he has gone to **** lately but he should get in. He was well known for his long drives also.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
mullets make life more interesting......just don't bore me. I would have no problem if a Happy Gilmore made the tour and smoked and drank while he played....fun to watch.

Sevey

Jun 16, 2007
Adel
He has 2 major tournament wins. And 5 total. He won the PGA Championship his first year on the tour.
He should be jn the hall of fame someday. Might take a bit longer as he has gone to **** lately but he should get in. He was well known for his long drives also.
John Daly will not be in the Hall of Fame someday. It's not even a given that Zach Johnson will be in with 2 majors and 12 PGA victories. Many criticized that Fred Couples made it with 1 major and 15 PGA victories. Just my two cents worth.