Sqwakeyes new alternate football uniforms...thoughts?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yes, they're for Penn St. Assuming we're both ranked in the top-5 it'll likely be a night game. Hopefully they'll look better under the lights.

They’ll be lucky to be ranked at all after the early loss in Ames.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
You guys don't have PSU on the schedule, silly.

We won’t be wearing butt ugly uniforms against them on national tv either.

As far as 9/14, I’d actually be surprised if this one is close in the 4th. If that needs clarification, I’m saying ISU wins by 14+.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We won’t be wearing butt ugly uniforms against them on national tv either.

As far as 9/14, I’d actually be surprised if this one is close in the 4th. If that needs clarification, I’m saying ISU wins by 14+.

I agree and think Campbell finally gets us this year. I'd guess it'll be closer than that, but he wants this one bad.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Most schools that aren't stuck in the mud have alt unis. I don't think that black is one of tOSU's colors.

View attachment 64990

Or what about Alabama?

Neither one of those schools have black as an official school color. But then, they are beyond reproach because they are blue bloods whereas ISU gets criticized because they are ISU and iowa fans feel like it's their right to criticize them.
Oh man, Bama fans are going to be so confused when Iowa fans tell them they've trademarked the color black.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I agree and think Campbell finally gets us this year. I'd guess it'll be closer than that, but he wants this one bad.

I'd say he needs it. Not for job security or anything, it's just a blemish on his resume. If he does have a dream job somewhere, not beating your rival is something that will be held against him. Not that I think that he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Do I think that ISU is 14 better than iowa? No, not really. I just think that the past few years, ISU has more than its share of bad luck in this series. Some self-inflicted, some key injuries, some bad bounces of the ball or fluky type plays that have went against them. When talent is somewhat similar (and I would argue that it is), the Football Gods just don't let that kind of stuff fly forever. ISU is due for some good luck in this game and iowa is probably due for some unlucky bounces. The other thing is that if either team gets up 2 TDs, it's going to be extremely difficult to come back. That's two good defenses and if they don't have to worry about the running game in the 4th quarter, they will tee off on the QB and blitz.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
My first thought is that the OPdoesn’t know how to spell.

My second thought is that letting 4th graders design their alternate uniforms was doubtless a good PR move for Iowa.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll never forget the final round of The Open Championship one year and the final grouping was Sergio and Tiger. Tiger showed up in his normal Sunday black and red, and Sergio came to the first tee in all yellow. Some said it was already over at that point, and the truth was, it was over.

Sergio looked as if he already had pi$$ed himself with the all yellow.