***Official USMNT Thread***

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
While there does seem to be some MLS favortism, he's ignoring how notable academies like LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders, NY RB, and etc. are getting good.

I hope you mean good in terms of US Soccer. They are still way behind the rest of the world, and anyone that comes up through the LA Galaxy academy US Soccer forgets about anyway and they go play for Mexico.

I can tell you don't know anything either, because the Dallas academy is the one that has produced the most talent.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Headed down to the game tonight in a few hours. Looking forward to it. I'm hoping that the potential of winning their group is enough to play the mainstays. I imagine it will be.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Headed down to the game tonight in a few hours. Looking forward to it. I'm hoping that the potential of winning their group is enough to play the mainstays. I imagine it will be.

I’d expect some rotation in the starting 11 with the quarterfinal scheduled for Sunday. That’s 3 matches in the last 8 days so it wouldn’t surprise if Berhalter gets some fresh legs out there.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Grant Wahl has updated the story a bit saying that outside CEOs do not want the job because of all the lawsuits going on around the USSF, (The USWNT one, the NASL one, The Relevent Sports (The owner is mad because they won't let him host a Ecuadorian league game here let alone La Liga, controls the International Champions Cup, etc.,))

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Jozy in for the start, the rest of the 11 is basically the 2nd team. Kinda has me feeling meh about this game now.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Glad to get out of that game without a bunch of yellow cards. As previously mentioned that center was calling a lot of soft stuff. In his previous game in the Cup he called 30 some fouls and gave out something like 7 combined yellow cards. Knowing that might have influenced the decision to put out a second team for this game to avoid some costly cards. That tackle in the waning minutes from behind where he threw Pulisic down by the shoulders should have been a no-brainer yellow card though. I wonder if he got flack for the number of cards in his first game worked.

Also, I have never seen a professional referee not award a free kick or corner kick that was earned prior to stoppage time expiring. It was only 1 minute of stoppage time in the first half and the ball crossed the goal line with like 15 seconds of it remaining and he still called the half before allowing the kick.

I thought Lovitz was terrible last night especially in the first half. I thought for sure he would be replaced first.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Glad to get out of that game without a bunch of yellow cards. As previously mentioned that center was calling a lot of soft stuff. In his previous game in the Cup he called 30 some fouls and gave out something like 7 combined yellow cards. Knowing that might have influenced the decision to put out a second team for this game to avoid some costly cards. That tackle in the waning minutes from behind where he threw Pulisic down by the shoulders should have been a no-brainer yellow card though. I wonder if he got flack for the number of cards in his first game worked.

Also, I have never seen a professional referee not award a free kick or corner kick that was earned prior to stoppage time expiring. It was only 1 minute of stoppage time in the first half and the ball crossed the goal line with like 15 seconds of it remaining and he still called the half before allowing the kick.

I thought Lovitz was terrible last night especially in the first half. I thought for sure he would be replaced first.
Yea, Lovitz looked out of place.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yea, Lovitz looked out of place.
TLdaChY.gif

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I have the unique distinction of going from last place to first place on every team I've played for in my life (yes, ISU too). I guess I'm chest pumping on knowing what makes for good soccer. I was not what one would call a pure 'athlete', but I was a 'thinker'. The sport is all chess pieces on the same page moving at the same time always anticipating the next move. For the first time 'ever' for US soccer I saw this in the Trinidad game. Back to their old ways vs Panama. Yes, I realize it was Trinidad, but some of the pass choices and one touches were absolutely 'elite' and would've been successful against the world's best. Yesterday, I felt let down as they made an incredible amount of poor choices and movement could've been allot more anticipatory and deceptive. San just a couple of positions, I see allot of talent, but as a 'team' they still have a ways to go.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have the unique distinction of going from last place to first place on every team I've played for in my life (yes, ISU too). I guess I'm chest pumping on knowing what makes for good soccer. I was not what one would call a pure 'athlete', but I was a 'thinker'. The sport is all chess pieces on the same page moving at the same time always anticipating the next move. For the first time 'ever' for US soccer I saw this in the Trinidad game. Back to their old ways vs Panama. Yes, I realize it was Trinidad, but some of the pass choices and one touches were absolutely 'elite' and would've been successful against the world's best. Yesterday, I felt let down as they made an incredible amount of poor choices and movement could've been allot more anticipatory and deceptive. San just a couple of positions, I see allot of talent, but as a 'team' they still have a ways to go.
Keep in mind that yesterday's squad was literally a different team (all 11 players were changed) from the lineup against Trinidad & Tobago. You should expect them to not be as sharp.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
As one that played in college, outside the US, and coached in the ODP system at a state and regional level, I am most intrigued with what you mean from last place to first place on every team? Are you talking about soccer or cross country here?

Help Support Us

Become a patron