Iowa Football Recruiting

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So what results that Herman has had as a HC exceeds what KF has delivered?
In Kirk's first four season as a coach he was 13-31. In Herman's first three years he is 39-14.
It took Kirk 6 seasons to see a bowl. Herman it took 1.
It took 7 seasons for Kirk to make a major bowl. Herman 4.
The last four years Kirk is 37-16, Herman 39-14.
In 24 years Kirk has 6 guys that have gone onto become head coaches. After two years of coaching Herman had his first.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Ingenious way to relate who you really are with your name. Yeahbuddy is a Walmart greeter so hence using Walmart in your name. Very nice!!
Nope. He thinks he is being clever about recent ISU athletes at Wal-Mart. D-bag.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Round robin has nothing to do with it. If the Big 12 was so much better than the Big Ten West they would have more teams with over under 6.5 wins.

Of course it does. Run the percentages of B1G teams with a 6.5 O/U compared to the Big 12 there dum dum. The losses have to get spread somewhere...

LOL Rutgers is so f****** bad they didn't even make the list.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
KF’s fourth year at Iowa he was 11-1. Does that mean CMC will do the same this year? Or is the process a little slower in Ames?
No idea. Want to address the Tom Herman thing as this is what you were debating. It coincidentally what I responded to.

This really is applicable to your current( and past) iteration(s):
practice.jpg

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
So you think Mack Brown is a better coach than Kirk Ferentz? You think Kirk Ferentz is a better coach than Tom Herman and Matt Campbell? You think Kevin Ollie is one of the best basketball coaches in the country?

As an objective aid. You must have missed that part. There will always be a degree of objectivity in determining best. FWIW, I think Mack Brown was overrated as a coach. Benefited greatly from some high quality assistants and basically getting to hold a draft of the best recruits in the state of Texas. His recruiting budget was one of the lowest in the country, cause he really didn’t have to recruit.

Tom Herman is a brilliant offensive mind that needs to put that’s onto the field as results. If I were hiring for Iowa I’d love to have him as a coach. Same with Matt Campbell. They all seem to be having great success. Ferentz has had success in his job. I’m not claiming Kirk is the best in the country, however he fits Iowa well. A consistent winning program with occasional great success. He doesn’t have repeated scandals and the players play hard. If CMC stays at ISU fo the next decade and a half and has the success of KF, I’ll wager you’ll be happy.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
As an objective aid. You must have missed that part. There will always be a degree of objectivity in determining best. FWIW, I think Mack Brown was overrated as a coach. Benefited greatly from some high quality assistants and basically getting to hold a draft of the best recruits in the state of Texas. His recruiting budget was one of the lowest in the country, cause he really didn’t have to recruit.

Tom Herman is a brilliant offensive mind that needs to put that’s onto the field as results. If I were hiring for Iowa I’d love to have him as a coach. Same with Matt Campbell. They all seem to be having great success. Ferentz has had success in his job. I’m not claiming Kirk is the best in the country, however he fits Iowa well. A consistent winning program with occasional great success. He doesn’t have repeated scandals and the players play hard. If CMC stays at ISU fo the next decade and a half and has the success of KF, I’ll wager you’ll be happy.
I agree with most of what you have said. The only thing I question is what more does Herman need to do to get "results"? Thus far he has been successful.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
KF’s fourth year at Iowa he was 11-1. Does that mean CMC will do the same this year? Or is the process a little slower in Ames?

Neat. CMC can go 4-8 this year and still have a better W/L record than Kirk through their first 4 years...

Reactions: jmb

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
Of course it does. Run the percentages of B1G teams with a 6.5 O/U compared to the Big 12 there dum dum. The losses have to get spread somewhere...

LOL Rutgers is so f****** bad they didn't even make the list.

You mean the simple math of the Big Ten having 6 of 14 teams with an 8 wins O/U vs 3 of 10 for the Big 12?

• Funny
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Objectively, why? Give an objective reason why Campbell is a better coach than KF. I’ll hang up and listen.
I think the breadth of Kirk's success(however that is defined ie wins, big bowl games, nfl players drafted etc.) is found in his longevity. It will be interesting to see how the balance of his career plays. I would say Kirk would be akin to a value stock, and Campbell a growth stock. Two different stages and nearly impossible to compare.

Reactions: theiacowtipper

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
I think the breadth of Kirk's success(however that is defined ie wins, big bowl games, nfl players drafted etc.) is found in his longevity. It will be interesting to see how the balance of his career plays. I would say Kirk would be akin to a value stock, and Campbell a growth stock. Two different stages and nearly impossible to compare.

I think if Herman survives another 5 or 6 years at Texas he will have more success than KF. With all the advantages he has in place I find it difficult for him not to.

• Funny
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If Kirk tanks the program at the end of his career like Hayden did and then passes it off to Brian I wonder what his legacy will be

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron