MLB: ****General Discussion Thread - Baseball Season 2019****

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure his treatment by management was the same as what he was getting from the city. It the end, I think it worked out. He's still one of the greats. He's still respected. I'm not bitter over it.

I’m not bitter either. Celebrate the guy. He brought two titles to the city. Im glad he played here. I get recognizing that and celebrating it. But he willingly left And plays for the other team! I’m not cheering for him to get a HR nor am I asking for a curtain call. I like the guy and hope he goes to the HOF in a Cards hat. But until then, I’m not cheering for him to beat my team because I’m a bigger Cards fan than a pujols fan.

He just came up with the bases loaded and the crowd started chanting his name. That’s insane. It seems awfully silly to cheer for someone from the other team to get a hit with the bases loaded when you’re team is down 2.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I’m not bitter either. Celebrate the guy. He brought two titles to the city. Im glad he played here. I get recognizing that and celebrating it. But he willingly left And plays for the other team! I’m not cheering for him to get a HR nor am I asking for a curtain call. I like the guy and hope he goes to the HOF in a Cards hat. But until then, I’m not cheering for him to beat my team because I’m a bigger Cards fan than a pujols fan.

He just came up with the bases loaded and the crowd started chanting his name. That’s insane. It seems awfully silly to cheer for someone from the other team to get a hit with the bases loaded when you’re team is down 2.

I agree. And he had what should have been a called third strike--but wasn't.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Where the **** do the dodgers get these guys? Every year some new young stud.

The kid today, Will Smith, was their 1st round pick in 2016 out of Louisville. They just have great scouting and development. Really always have.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yanks are going to have to drop Jonathan Holder from the roster. Not sure if he has options or not but he just came in with an eight run lead and gave up five runs and got nobody out. If you can't bring in a guy in that situation what the **** good is he. They got guys like Tarpley in AAA that can get guys out. Now they have to bring in Green who was to be tomorrow's "opener".

• Winner
Reactions: dirtyninety

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Kolten Wong made a pretty sweet play to start a DP over the weekend (second tweet below).

In other news, Jordan Hicks (hardest throwing reliever in MLB) has a torn UCL. Guessing he's headed for TJ and will be out 1 yr+.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The Royals are at least starting to be a little interesting.

Edit: Dozier grand salami against Cleveland tonight

It’s very difficult to see a path to serious contention at this point, though. Doesn’t help that the Orioles are tanking their butts off for the second year in a row.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
2geqezzw8k631.jpg

Acuna and Albies both went deep last night too. Lol @ Phillies

Reactions: matclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wednesday matinee. Ball be carrying and the pitching be sucking in NY this afternoon. 6-6 with five homers in the 6th. The Machine remains hot and hit one and has another multi-hit game.

Edit: Not all homers Randal Grichuk just hit a 70 yard sand wedge to right. Just stopped almost dead in place but didn't actually backup with backspin. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Acuna and Albies both went deep last night too. Lol @ Phillies

Harper's contract will very likely end up being an albatross for Philly. If you look at his stats, outside of one amazing year in 2015, and an above average year in 2017, he's an average player, at best.

He's a good player, yes. But worth that kind of money? I don't see it.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Harper's contract will very likely end up being an albatross for Philly. If you look at his stats, outside of one amazing year in 2015, and an above average year in 2017, he's an average player, at best.

He's a good player, yes. But worth that kind of money? I don't see it.
Absolutely! You echoed everything I said in the off season shortly after they signed him:

I'm a Braves fan and happy with the Bryce Harper news. One of the most overrated players in the game and I'm glad Philly has him on the books at that price for the next 13 years. I can think of a number of guys I'd rather sign. 1) He's a sub-par clubhouse personality imo 2) He's pretty bad defensively 3) He's had one great year that was deserving of this kind of deal and every other year has been meh to decent.

Congrats, Philly. I'm happy for you. And laughing.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Giancarlo Stanton lasted an entire 6 games before hurting his knee in a play at third. Out for who knows how long. Yanks hadn't added anyone to the IL in several days so I knew this was coming. :rolleyes:

Only played in nine games this year.

Edit: Looks like Stanton is out till August with a sprained knee so he will essentially miss Apr-May-June-July.

Was wondering why they didn't call up Clint Frazier, they might after the London trip, and then I read that Mr. Attitude took the full 72-hours to report back down to AAA and has applied himself so well that he's hitting .136 there. Coming on the heels of his douche behavior after his hundred error game I can see them not being enamored his his tude right now. Wish he wasn't such a ******** because I think he's going to be a pretty good player but think he's setting himself on fire in NY.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My favorite ex-Rockie Yankee will be starting at 2nd in the All-Star game for the AL. :)

Polanco is having a better 2019 than 2018. :rolleyes: Suspended for drug violations for the first half last year. First half this year gets him elected to start at SS for the AL. Nice bounceback.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought there would be at least one "my guy was robbed!" All-Star Ballot post. Maybe Sunday after the pitchers and non-starters are named.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron