****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
3 new PG offers in June, prepping for Haliburton to the NBA. :eek:

Makes sense, I've already seen him listed as a first rounder in the "way to early" Mocks. That said, I expect Prohm to always emphasize guard play and look to take 2-3 in each class regardless of current numbers.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Makes sense, I've already seen him listed as a first rounder in the "way to early" Mocks. That said, I expect Prohm to always emphasize guard play and look to take 2-3 in each class regardless of current numbers.
These mocks suck because they project our guys for the first round so they feel like they have to go and then they aren’t drafted first round. Makes you wonder if THT situation might have went differently if he wasn’t being mocked first round by everyone.

Last edited:

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I don't think Haliburton leaves unless he makes some huge strides. I know some people have put him in the early mock drafts as a guy who could go in the first round but I would bet that doesn't last.

I think he stays 3/4 years regardless of anything. Just seems like that type of character/guy.

Reactions: Halincandenza

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
These mocks suck because they project our guys for the first round so they feel like they have to go and then they aren’t drafted first round. Makes you wonder if THT situation might have went differently if he was being mocked first round by everyone.

If a players go to advice is a mock draft I really don't feel sorry for them if they go undrafted or drafted later than expected... Seriously, the whole "so and so got bad advice" excuse is over used.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
If a players go to advice is a mock draft I really don't feel sorry for them if they go undrafted or drafted later than expected... Seriously, the whole "so and so got bad advice" excuse is over used.
I don’t think it’s their go to advice but I’m sure it plays a factor a little bit. Lindell wasn’t mocked and he still went for it so it’s not the deciding factor but if you were considering leaving but weren’t quite sure, how could you not go if ESPN/CBS/Yahoo/etc have you projected first round? That has to make the decision a little easier for these guys.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
For Halliburton to go in the 1st round, he'll need to completely redo his shot mechanics. Not that he can't do it but I just don't see him being able to get that outside shot off in the NBA.
He was just selected as one of the twelve best U19 basketball players in the country...I'd say that bodes well for future NBA potential, whenever he decides to declare. And, given the NBA's obvious youth quest, I'd bet on the declaration coming early if he has a great year with ISU.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
He was just selected as one of the twelve best U19 basketball players in the country...I'd say that bodes well for future NBA potential, whenever he decides to declare. And, given the NBA's obvious youth quest, I'd bet on the declaration coming early if he has a great year with ISU.
He does seem to have everything else and, with the good attitude, he certainly could.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Yes, playing basketball at Iowa State University rather than in the NBA implies higher character

Pretty sure you know what I meant, but decided to be a ****, anyways.

He seems like a guy who genuinely enjoys being at Iowa State and contributing/being a part of the community here. Also, seems like a guy who knows he'll only get 4 years of that, so cherish it as much as you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I found this snippet from Jnecker4cy in an old CF thread:

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/will-any-top-100-iowa-kids.96377/

Marc Carlson was from Fort Dodge, he played on the 92-93 and the 93-94 team, that first team played in the NCAA's. He was the starting center at 6-6 when Loren Meyer got hit by the train and had to sit out a few games.

I remembered Meyer sitting out, but I completely forgot about the train.

Johnnys famous line, after saying nothing good ever happens after midnight, “not everybody gets hit by a train, and lives.”

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Pretty sure you know what I meant, but decided to be a ****, anyways.

He seems like a guy who genuinely enjoys being at Iowa State and contributing/being a part of the community here. Also, seems like a guy who knows he'll only get 4 years of that, so cherish it as much as you can.

Impossible.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was going to post this. Mock drafts are BS. It’s that simple. They are for consumers.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron