BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Speaking of Twins (ex-Twins), Jim Kaat is doing the color for the MLB broadcast of the Yankee/Astro game tonight. Guys a great color guy. And the only 80 year old dude doing color for national games. Other than some perspective from the way back days you'd never have a clue this guy is 80.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nice to see the Twins win their last two late to become the AL's first 50 game winner.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Big series starts tonight. Rays are a definite contender, and time for the Twins to shake off this little mini-slump and get back to playing good baseball. Hopefully Gibson finds the strike zone tonight, and the hitters warm up some.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Big series starts tonight. Rays are a definite contender, and time for the Twins to shake off this little mini-slump and get back to playing good baseball. Hopefully Gibson finds the strike zone tonight, and the hitters warm up some.

Love that we're able to call a 2-2 with a mini slump which shows how good the team is this year. I agree. Need to win this series and get a roll going. Cleveland is heating up.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Love that we're able to call a 2-2 with a mini slump which shows how good the team is this year. I agree. Need to win this series and get a roll going. Cleveland is heating up.

Yeah, I was thinking they had lost 5 of their last 8 (4 of 5 at one point) and that wasn't good.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wil be an interesting matchup. Most runs scored team in MLB versus the team allowing the least runs in MLB. Rays offense is lower tier though.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Good start last night, although Rocco left Gibson in about 3 batters too long. Sure will be nice to get Buxton back, he makes a big difference both ways.

Agree with Buxton's impact. We'll be getting our other two guys back soon as well and I just hope they don't send La Tortuga back down. His defensive versatility, hitting, and intangibles are a big positive on this year's team.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Agree with Buxton's impact. We'll be getting our other two guys back soon as well and I just hope they don't send La Tortuga back down. His defensive versatility, hitting, and intangibles are a big positive on this year's team.

Well, Arraez's hitting has been other-worldly. There was a stat last weekend, he had 8 walks and 2 strikeouts since his call-up. That kind of production is fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good start last night, although Rocco left Gibson in about 3 batters too long. Sure will be nice to get Buxton back, he makes a big difference both ways.

Gibson is often left in one too many innings. Surely by now they've figured out he's a 6 inning pitcher. Oh well, good win for the Twins. Indians finally dropped one so that helps. Would love to get to the All Star break with a 9-10 game lead.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Gibson is often left in one too many innings. Surely by now they've figured out he's a 6 inning pitcher. Oh well, good win for the Twins. Indians finally dropped one so that helps. Would love to get to the All Star break with a 9-10 game lead.

Indians were up 6-3 in the 9th.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Was at the game last night, and I know Blake Snell hasn't had his best stuff this year, but they seemed to be picking him apart with ease. Very impressive hitting performance from them after a handful of games where the bats couldn't get going. Never once felt any threat that the Rays were going to make a push back into it, even when they had their 3 run inning. Glad to see Gibby get back to form, even with that "blow up" but I don't know if that was on him (felt he should have gotten pulled before that inning). Perfect night for baseball, too

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm headed up to the game tomorrow. Don't have tickets yet but will probably just buy those standing room ones and walk around. I saw Perez is the probable and was pretty disappointed. Haven't been to a game this year it will likely be my only one so, F it, that guys gotta be due for a halfway decent start.

Reactions: srjclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm headed up to the game tomorrow. Don't have tickets yet but will probably just buy those standing room ones and walk around. I saw Perez is the probable and was pretty disappointed. Haven't been to a game this year it will likely be my only one so, F it, that guys gotta be due for a halfway decent start.

Headed up Saturday but they're on the road...boo. Enjoy the game!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I assumed the injury bug would bite us eventually but to deplete the entire freaking outfield? Jfc

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Sounds like Buxton is almost ready, and Kepler did play last night. Hopefully Rosario's ankle sprain isn't serious.

And Arraez will be very tough to keep out of the lineup! This man is like instant offense!