Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Hey did you say you were going to Appleton tomorrow?

Actually going up to a little town north of Kaukauna next week, Freedom. My nephew lives there (we stay with them when we go to the Packer games) and he traditionally hosts a big 4th of July bash for the family. We get to go this year - many years we don't, so we're excited. I'll wave at ya when we drive around Mad Town!

Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I have mine as high as it gets being that it had gotten pretty bad between when the old mower died and me buying a new one. I would prefer it shorter but with the hotter weather ahead I might just leave it.

Optimal height is 2-1/2 to 3", according to Rudy Verbik, who ran Rudy's Sales & Service in FD for many years. He was my lawn go-to guy, and his advice was sound. Keep it a bit longer - protects the roots, helps hold moisture, shades possible weed growth.

I get a kick out of these folks who have the Marine buzz cut look on their lawns. (Apologies to any of you who mow that way, I'm not being judgmental.)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two women sat behind me at my son's game last night. Yapping about everything possible for over 90 minutes non-stop. Not....one.....break. My ears literally hurt by the end. I couldn't hear anything else but them loud talking. Excuse me, I take that back, they had a young kid with them who would randomly scream at the top of her lungs and that would muffle the sound of their talking.

• Funny
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Optimal height is 2-1/2 to 3", according to Rudy Verbik, who ran Rudy's Sales & Service in FD for many years. He was my lawn go-to guy, and his advice was sound. Keep it a bit longer - protects the roots, helps hold moisture, shades possible weed growth.

I get a kick out of these folks who have the Marine buzz cut look on their lawns. (Apologies to any of you who mow that way, I'm not being judgmental.)
I think mine is 4" with the deck all the way up. I would prefer it in that 2-1/2 - 3 range as well.

I put weed & feed down last night and we are getting some rain this morning so that worked out well. Hopefully that will knock down a lot of the weeds. Yard was kind of neglected the last couple of years but so far it isn't looking bad. Of course all the rain we've had helps immensely.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think mine is 4" with the deck all the way up.

200w.webp

oldman

Nov 5, 2009

I made that mistake the first year I was a home owner. Cut it too short to begin with, and dandelions took over the yard. My (almost) 3 yr old daughter told the next-door neighbor,"We have flowers in our yard and you don't." to which he replied," I see that."

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Two women sat behind me at my son's game last night. Yapping about everything possible for over 90 minutes non-stop. Not....one.....break. My ears literally hurt by the end. I couldn't hear anything else but them loud talking. Excuse me, I take that back, they had a young kid with them who would randomly scream at the top of her lungs and that would muffle the sound of their talking.

Did your son's team win, at least?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Actually going up to a little town north of Kaukauna next week, Freedom. My nephew lives there (we stay with them when we go to the Packer games) and he traditionally hosts a big 4th of July bash for the family. We get to go this year - many years we don't, so we're excited. I'll wave at ya when we drive around Mad Town!

next week, my bad. I have to head that way today and wondered if our paths would cross!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Several small town locals are the best. This local wife is having an affair with a non local neighbor. He’s a dbag so I’m not surprised. Group of locals are destroying him vocally. Wouldn’t be a big deal but one of the group had an affair with a married non local and this same group thought it was funny. They Can’t see the hypocrisy of it.

The woman is one where I’m mostly surprised that the marriage lasted this long. Her last affair partner paid for a boob job.

Worst part for me is one kid is my youngest kids best friend.

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We had pizza and bowling for the team last weekend at Electric City Lanes in Kaukauna. Mrs. Velo and I kept doing the Mel Gibson "Freedom!" cry every time we would turn onto Freedom Road in Little Chute.
giphy.gif

Reactions: SCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My posting of Walking my Cat Named Dog was underappreciated in the dog/cat music thread. Just sayin'. Loved her voice in that odd song.

Dog is a good old cat
People what you think of that?
That's where I'm at, that's where I'm at.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Today has been a really great day. I woke up after about 7.5 hours of (slightly interrupted) sleep, feeling alert and ready to start the day. I did some weeding & some repotting of a few plants, then cleaned up and went in to Ames to run some errands. Came home, had supper with Lew & the grandson, watched a little TV...

and I FEEL GREAT! Not tired, not achy, not itchy...

I'm a happy camper. :)
Yay!

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

When DH still officiated high school baseball and softball, I'd occasionally ride along and watch the games. Loved to listen to the fans in the stands -- I tried to sit behind home plate and partway up. Needed to see the ball crossing the plate as much as possible so I could smile or roll my eyes or whatever as I listened to fan remarks. Of course I was always listening for the "that guy's really good" comments, but they were few and far between. No big issues or dust ups. It was fun, but I'm not sure how much fun some of today's games would be.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I made that mistake the first year I was a home owner. Cut it too short to begin with, and dandelions took over the yard. My (almost) 3 yr old daughter told the next-door neighbor,"We have flowers in our yard and you don't." to which he replied," I see that."

Kids tend to see the truth and aren't afraid to say it.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Kids tend to see the truth and aren't afraid to say it.
Long ago the parents of a friend of mine had a home on Lake of the Ozarks. She was visiting them and had her 2 year old daughter (approximately) and asked me to drive down to see her. So we are having dinner on the deck and her daughter says to me "i'm going to sleep with my mommy, Are you going to sleep with my mommy?" The silence was deafening until her mother said the "out of the mouths of babies"

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Long ago the parents of a friend of mine had a home on Lake of the Ozarks. She was visiting them and had her 2 year old daughter (approximately) and asked me to drive down to see her. So we are having dinner on the deck and her daughter says to me "i'm going to sleep with my mommy, Are you going to sleep with my mommy?" The silence was deafening until her mother said the "out of the mouths of babies"

You didn’t answer the question.

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.