Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This weather is bizarre.

5:45 this morning, sky to the west is dark blue and threatening. It rains hard for about 2 minutes and stops.

Now the sun is shining brightly, and there isn't a cloud to be seen.

But I think it's going to get a lot more summery soon.........

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This weather is bizarre.

5:45 this morning, sky to the west is dark blue and threatening. It rains hard for about 2 minutes and stops.

Now the sun is shining brightly, and there isn't a cloud to be seen.

But I think it's going to get a lot more summery soon.........
Sauna this afternoon...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rethinking bike route. Was thinking Greenway but it runs east/west and wind is gusting to 22 mph as usual. After a mile so the Greenway (old rail route) drops down below street grade and just funnels the wind so figure 30 mph gusts. I call it the Wind Tunnel. It would a great place to fly paper airplanes.

Trying to recall what precautions to take on sunny days. Something something sunglasses something something sunscreen something?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Rethinking bike route. Was thinking Greenway but it runs east/west and wind is gusting to 22 mph as usual. After a mile so the Greenway (old rail route) drops down below street grade and just funnels the wind so figure 30 mph gusts. I call it the Wind Tunnel. It would a great place to fly paper airplanes.

Trying to recall what precautions to take on sunny days. Something something sunglasses something something sunscreen something?
I would recommend:

c0396b76-f24e-4add-b1b6-993fe90113bf.png

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
From a global study on homicide, prepared by the United Nations:

“While the vast majority of homicide victims are men, killed by strangers, women are far more likely to die at the hands of someone they know,” according to the report. “Women killed by intimate partners or family account for 58 percent of all female homicide victims reported globally last year, and little progress has been made in preventing such murders.”

I didn't realize the gender difference was that startling. The study went on to say that in the United States, fully 40% of all murders go unsolved. More alarming.....

There's a saying around romantic relationships/dating that men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them. Bit dramatic but gets at your point.

Also, the number one cause of death of pregnant women? Murder.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Now that you got your fun fact Tuesday..........I see it's supposed to be warm this weekend. I think we should go find strawberries if any are left (funeral last weekend took up that opportunity) and take little man to the splash pad. Kid loves his water!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Now that you got your fun fact Tuesday..........I see it's supposed to be warm this weekend. I think we should go find strawberries if any are left (funeral last weekend took up that opportunity) and take little man to the splash pad. Kid loves his water!

Come to our house. The vixen has been picking berries nearly every other day. (They are wonderful on ice cream!)

Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's a saying around romantic relationships/dating that men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them. Bit dramatic but gets at your point.

Also, the number one cause of death of pregnant women? Murder.

What type of dating circles you get involved in?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
DND

Did almost auger in though. The old narrow tire in the paving crack trick. Wasn't looking/ready for that on the asphalt bike path. Something more common on the streets. I think the wind blew me back upright, gusting to 30 mph today. :rolleyes:

Reactions: dirtyninety

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Today has been a really great day. I woke up after about 7.5 hours of (slightly interrupted) sleep, feeling alert and ready to start the day. I did some weeding & some repotting of a few plants, then cleaned up and went in to Ames to run some errands. Came home, had supper with Lew & the grandson, watched a little TV...

and I FEEL GREAT! Not tired, not achy, not itchy...

I'm a happy camper. :)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Of course it gets hot just in time for the Quad City Airshow this weekend. Nothing like trying to decide whether or not to take a four year old out in 100 degree heat all day.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
"Miracles" was sung by Jefferson Starship.....not Frankie Valley as I have thought for, oh, 30 years. Who knew.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well got my yard mowed again finally. Ended up raising the deck up another 1/2" to keep it from windrowing. Hopefully get to mow it at the end of the wk and drop the deck and get it back to my preferred height.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well got my yard mowed again finally. Ended up raising the deck up another 1/2" to keep it from windrowing. Hopefully get to mow it at the end of the wk and drop the deck and get it back to my preferred height.
I have mine as high as it gets being that it had gotten pretty bad between when the old mower died and me buying a new one. I would prefer it shorter but with the hotter weather ahead I might just leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron