Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Garza was a pretty good get. 4* with some solid offers. Besides that, not any that weren't originally Iowa fans or any that ended up being good that I can think of.
I like Garza as a player as he works hard. I wonder if his dads legal issues had an impact on his recruiting process?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
JeBev tried to quit in the middle of "that" season?

It cannot be that hard to put up an ORTG <87 in the Big Ten.

I am pretty sure I could do it.

I think Beverly made it to Missouri before he turned around and came back if I remember the story right

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Informative
Reactions: CyDegen

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'd rather not see Bowen Born lighting us up for 7 3's in a couple years. You know it would happen. It always happens.

Fair. Bowen could be hitting for for EIU, UNI or Iowa v ISU though.
His current offers are only for mid-major programs an unless he has a significant unexpected growth/speed spurt over the summer that is level he's be best suited to succeed. Iowa has taken those risks under in offering those type of guards with lackluster results. Even they haven't offered BB yet though it seems to be trending that way.

The ISU staff has been aware from Born for a couple of years now and has shown minimal interest I have to assume due to their evaluation. The staff believes they will or have better options at guard and or his strengths to match Prohm's system well. Considering their history of prep guard evaluation and success in college I trust it over Fran's.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fair. Bowen could be hitting for for EIU, UNI or Iowa v ISU though.
His current offers are only for mid-major programs an unless he has a significant unexpected growth/speed spurt over the summer that is level he's be best suited to succeed. Iowa has taken those risks under in offering those type of guards with lackluster results. Even they haven't offered BB yet though it seems to be trending that way.

The ISU staff has been aware from Born for a couple of years now and has shown minimal interest I have to assume due to their evaluation. The staff believes they will or have better options at guard and or his strengths to match Prohm's system well. Considering their history of prep guard evaluation and success in college I trust it over Fran's.

I'm not saying we should be recruiting him. I'd just rather he go to a mid-major program we don't play every year.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'd like to see Born end up at Drake. Get to play for a good coach, he would be good in the Valley.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Please let this happen

So he got 2 visits to Iowa and is still working on getting a Drake visit. Fran wants him, but Drake isn't sure yet? I know Fran is bad at recruiting, but when did recruits start treating Drake as a better destination than a P5 school?