NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Bad contracts, continued:
Gordon Hayward in Boston. Injury caused it but still.
Andrew Wiggins lol
Otto Porter in Chicago
Chandler Parsons' has been terrrrrible for Memphis
Jabari Parker somehow made $20M in 2018-19

I don’t think Otto Porter’s is bad for Chicago in their situation. It was bad for Washington, but I don’t think it’s bad for Chicago. At least Porter is good, and only overpaid for a couple more years. Parker’s wasn’t too bad either because it was just a one year shot with a team option. There wasn’t a whole lot of risk for the Bulls with that one.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don’t think Otto Porter’s is bad for Chicago in their situation. It was bad for Washington, but I don’t think it’s bad for Chicago. At least Porter is good, and only overpaid for a couple more years. Parker’s wasn’t too bad either because it was just a one year shot with a team option. There wasn’t a whole lot of risk for the Bulls with that one.
As a bulls fan I'm a fan of Porter. He's a competent NBA player which that roster has like 3 of.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So the Rockets, after the MVP announcement, send out tweets explaining why Harden should have been MVP instead of Giannis. How petty.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So the Rockets, after the MVP announcement, send out tweets explaining why Harden should have been MVP instead of Giannis. How petty.

Trash organization. They had an audit on the calls from game 7 against the Warriors from last year's playoffs. Morey tweeting out the Rockets have the best playoff record vs the Warriors the last three years.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
How Nick Nurse wasnt even considered for Coach of the Year is beyond me. Not a coach better than him this season

Eh, they're regular season awards. He ended up with a pretty good consolation prize. Malone did really good work in Denver and deserved his nomination. I could buy swapping out a Doc for a Nurse, though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As somebody who wants to see Lebron win another title:

Dear god, why?

Just, no.

I think it's hysterical; maybe not for Lebron. I know they've cornered themselves into having to fill out their roster with cast-offs and untested rookies but this is a guy who pretty much broke Lebron's spirit in Game 1 of the 2018 Finals.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think it's hysterical; maybe not for Lebron. I know they've cornered themselves into having to fill out their roster with cast-offs and untested rookies but this is a guy who pretty much broke Lebron's spirit in Game 1 of the 2018 Finals.
I'll never forget that, was just insane. Lebron is having the game of his life, and JR doesn't even know what sport he's supposed to be playing.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY