Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I mean Nebraska can do it

Huh??? They haven't had a 5 star recruit according to 247 since at least 2007. I didn't got back any further than that. They usually get 3-7 four stars with the rest being 3 stars. Will see what Frost can do going forward, but I don't think he will be able to compete with the South for recruits or even OSU in the midwest.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Huh??? They haven't had a 5 star recruit according to 247 since at least 2007. I didn't got back any further than that. They usually get 3-7 four stars with the rest being 3 stars. Will see what Frost can do going forward, but I don't think he will be able to compete with the South for recruits or even OSU in the midwest.

They have had no problem landing 4 stars at all. Definitely at a much higher clip than Iowa

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They have had no problem landing 4 stars at all. Definitely at a much higher clip than Iowa

I wouldn't say no problem, they definitely have their challenges with geography being the main challenge. They get a handful of 4 stars most years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I wouldn't say no problem, they definitely have their challenges with geography being the main challenge. They get a handful of 4 stars most years.

They get a lot more 4 star recruits than Iowa and it isn't close so not sure why you think Ferentz can't do it because the state he coaches in

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
You and Gonzo are definitely on the same page

Iowa usually has big recruiting weekend for each class where they bring in those already committed and those at the top of their list on an official visit. They timed it right before the dead period and are for the most part getting the players they wanted. Theo Johnson and maybe a DT are yet to make decisions but I think Iowa will wait on them and go into the fall pretty much with a full class.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They get a lot more 4 star recruits than Iowa and it isn't close so not sure why you think Ferentz can't do it because the state he coaches in

How much is a lot more. Iowa usually gets 2 to 4 four stars. Nebraska usually gets 3-7. Sure they get more and I'm sure they would like to have their whole class with four stars, but the geography is holding them back.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa doesn’t recruit because of a star rankings. If you want to see who wins the most relative to recruiting classes check out Pick Six Previews.

Nobody said they did. An Iowa fan said it's hard to bring in top recruits to Iowa because of geographic reasons but yet Nebraska can do it. Makes no sense

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa usually has big recruiting weekend for each class where they bring in those already committed and those at the top of their list on an official visit. They timed it right before the dead period and are for the most part getting the players they wanted. Theo Johnson and maybe a DT are yet to make decisions but I think Iowa will wait on them and go into the fall pretty much with a full class.

Yep @Gonzo already told me all this. You guys definitely share a lot of your thoughts on all things Hawkeye athletics

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Nobody said they did. An Iowa fan said it's hard to bring in top recruits to Iowa because of geographic reasons but yet Nebraska can do it. Makes no sense

Nebraska isn't doing it though. They haven't brought in a 5 star recruit for at least 12 years.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nebraska isn't doing it though. They haven't brought in a 5 star recruit for at least 12 years.

I would say bringing in a ton of top 200 players the last few years is bringing in top talent but if you want to limit it to 5 star recruits I guess you win

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That isn’t what Peter King said. What he said was KF is the most respected college coach outside of Nick Saban.

He's ran an NFL style offense and defense for 20 years, it's no secret that he's highly regarded by the NFL.

LOL the thought of you actually believing that an NFL team would hire him at this point is laughable though!

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
He's ran an NFL style offense and defense for 20 years, it's no secret that he's highly regarded by the NFL.

LOL the thought of you actually believing that an NFL team would hire him at this point is laughable though!

I would bet money the guy in NE would hire him if he left.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He won’t read any of that.. like I tried explaining to him earlier, the only reason everson was charged was because of Ferentz..

No, it was the letter that the parent wrote. You pieces of **** are cool with a woman being raped. Gotta protect the program there baylor

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
WTF does the NFL have to do with Iowa Football Recruiting?

Quite a worse reach.

Um, we are getting higher rated guys at the TE spot because of it. Otherwise ISU would get higher TE that Iowa... no reaching, just standard logical thought

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron