Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s a “fact” that an easy schedule gets players into the NFL?

If you think that you don’t know much about the NFL.

It helps get them in the NFL yes. Being in the weakest division in major conference college football has its benefits

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
12 in 20 years with over 50+ misses isn't very impressive especially when you consider the schedule he's facing

It has been 9 in 13 for phil. 3 in 7 without him. Must be doing something better than before or at the least maintaining it.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It helps get them in the NFL yes. Being in the weakest division in major conference college football has its benefits
giphy.gif

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Play the clip. Peter King states KF could easily have a NFL job.
Is there anything else that supports this theory other than Peter King stating it. I understand why NFL coaches respect Kirk Ferentz, I mean he has produced NFL players at a significant level for some time now... I just don't understand how having respect in those circles means he could get a coaching job anywhere "at the snap of his fingers".

I have no doubt the NFL scouts LOVE chatting up Kirk at the combine or in the pre-draft process, but has he been offered a job recently? Has there been any feelers put out?

My point is not that Kirk isn't good enough to coach there, it is that Peter King saying that a guy is liked and respected by the right people should not automatically lead to a NFL coaching gig.

• Winner
Reactions: dshindy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ever been to Manhattan Kansas?

Yes, I really like it there actually. Nice college town. What's that got to do with getting four and five star players? They seldom get any of those and if they start getting them on the regular, then there needs to be a full fledged investigation by the NCAA.

Snyder was great at getting JUCO players though.

Help Support Us

Become a patron