Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Is this because your daughter is heading out?
My parents didnt get a dog when I left, they remodeled though.

We have a yellow lab that's 12 and we wanted to get another before she goes so she can pass on good habits and routines to the pup. But there's probably a little truth in hoping the pup will draw the daughter back home on a few more weekends than she'd otherwise come. We also have a 9th grade daughter though so it's not all about the college kid.

Reactions: JP4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
yes the responses are coming in where you are all "smarter" but have nothing to add, because there really is nothing for you guys to add. The history of the program and current trajectory of the program are in really good shape under Kirk, recruiting, development, and even game day planning is improving. Young Coaching is starting to preform wonders in recruiting.

But ISU wants justification for being 16-10 for 2 seasons...... because they are up and coming. The old adage is this, you get 3 years to get all of your guys into the system for college ball. Well it has been that and Campbell is still right at the Iowa average season, he is a good coach, but you guys are putting him on a huge pedestal that when he does not meet expectations for a season, it will be a hard fall.

Using your logic here, Iowa was a 3-8 team and means KF should have been canned at that point.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
What does today’s party the president represents do for 10000000000 Alex
tenor.gif

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I would suspect a lot of coaches have misses. Not everyone lives up to star land potential. How many misses has Campbell had at QB? Purdy but then what about the others? I would not say he misses on QBs but 1 or 2 out of about 5 is not exactly a good percentage.
Making an assumption here but not great idea to drink at work.