Hunter Dekkers Commits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The guy ran a 4.6 40 at that size and also is about to hold multiple records in the state of Iowa for passing. He's legit. Coach Campbell has been adamant on building a strong QB room. Having multiple studs at that position is definitely not a bad thing. The higher level of competition at a position drives players to continue to get better and not settle. The thing that I love most is that him and Aiden will be competing for the position behind a few other good QB's that are currently behind Brock. If one of those two beats out the rest for the 2nd string, that means that QB position is doing pretty well, which is not something we were able to say in the past.

Yeah I'm not saying that the guy's just going to switch positions or that's what he should do. Some posts mentioned him as someone who could do a lot of things.

It's cool either way and I have confidence that CMC puts people where they'll make the best impact and in a spot that fits them the best.

I have a feeling this football season could very well turn into the way last basketball season went on CF.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Any truth that receivers have problems adjusting to left-handed quarterbacks?

Or at this level should it come after a couple weeks of practice?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I'm not saying that the guy's just going to switch positions or that's what he should do. Some posts mentioned him as someone who could do a lot of things.

It's cool either way and I have confidence that CMC puts people where they'll make the best impact and in a spot that fits them the best.

I have a feeling this football season could very well turn into the way last basketball season went on CF.
Ehh I'm not sure about that. We lost some games and fell apart during the basketball season due to some problems concerning the locker room, players not buying into the system, external noise regarding the NBA, etc. This all caused chemistry problems and I think posters were quick to point fingers at Coach Prohm. I just don't see that sort of situation happening under Campbell. He's seems to have a much tighter grip on things. If we lose some games in football, especially ones we believe we should win, I don't think it's going to be because of chemistry issues.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ehh I'm not sure about that. We lost some games and fell apart during the basketball season due to some problems concerning the locker room, players not buying into the system, external noise regarding the NBA, etc. This all caused chemistry problems and I think posters were quick to point fingers at Coach Prohm. I just don't see that sort of situation happening under Campbell. He's seems to have a much tighter grip on things. If we lose some games in football, especially ones we believe we should win, I don't think it's going to be because of chemistry issues.

I'm saying that after a few games, and ISU looks good, people are going to struggle if things don't go as well as they think.

A few have a hard time coping around here.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I've been told that the Dekkers kid has only interest in playing quarterback. He absolutley lit it up at the Saturday night camp and he's a finalist in the Elite 11 camp. Has anyone else looked at those other quarterbacks and who he's in company with? The kid is a quarterback and I fully believe the staff recruited him as a quarterback. Rumor has it he's better than the Bouman kid. Plus he's 6'2 225 and runs a 4.6 as a high schooler! Things can only look up as he gets into a D1 strength and conditioning program. Plus, his dad is pretty tall, might still have a few inches left to go on his height.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think we may have 2 guys committed that are better than Chubba (and that doesn’t mean Chubba isn’t good) at least in the staffs eyes.

I come at it more from the “Chubba wants to go elsewhere” view. Assuming it’s true it’s pretty cut and dry. Anyone mad at the staff for not offering when they likely knew this needs to take off their cardinal and gold glasses

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I come at it more from the “Chubba wants to go elsewhere” view. Assuming it’s true it’s pretty cut and dry. Anyone mad at the staff for not offering when they likely knew this needs to take off their cardinal and gold glasses

Anyone criticizing this staff's recruiting techniques is a ******* idiot.

Last edited:

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I like the Dekker kid. Baby brother also offered, but they went with some guy called "deuce" or something dumb.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm saying that after a few games, and ISU looks good, people are going to struggle if things don't go as well as they think.

A few have a hard time coping around here.
I honestly think that if we're in the same boat as we were last year in regards to being in the running for the conference championship game in November, people have no right to be upset.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Who knows? But this board turned against Campbell after the Texas game last year and people were hopping mad at him the rest of the year. It’s easy to forget because we won those games but let’s not act that there wasn’t way too much Campbell bashing going on here.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Who knows? But this board turned against Campbell after the Texas game last year and people were hopping mad at him the rest of the year. It’s easy to forget because we won those games but let’s not act that there wasn’t way too much Campbell bashing going on here.
50% +/- of fans are idiots. There will always be plenty to make fun of. Their opinion doesn't matter unless they are purchasing tickets/donating. Only 40% of those are idiots.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ah okay. I first started looking on here / posting right around when things started to take a turn during the basketball season this year. I didn't read anything during the football season so I wouldn't know how things went down on here. From my perspective, I never blamed Coach Campbell for the Texas game. I thought we played very well on the defensive side of the ball and truly thought Park just had a bad game (which happens). When it came out that Park was having other issues, it made more sense as to why that game went the way it did.

• Funny
Reactions: flycy

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Ah okay. I first started looking on here / posting right around when things started to take a turn during the basketball season this year. I didn't read anything during the football season so I wouldn't know how things went down on here. From my perspective, I never blamed Coach Campbell for the Texas game. I thought we played very well on the defensive side of the ball and truly thought Park just had a bad game (which happens). When it came out that Park was having other issues, it made more sense as to why that game went the way it did.

Park was no longer on the team for the Texas game last year. Purdy started it and the O-line was the Swiss cheese version of themselves.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
I like the Dekker kid. Baby brother also offered, but they went with some guy called "deuce" or something dumb.
Iowa did not offer Dekkers. They got their QB in June of 18 for 2020 class. Deuce Hogan was also offered by Iowa State. Time will tell which player is/was better.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I think the real underlying issue was the horrible logo on the helmets for that game. No doubt.

Reactions: Aclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think the real underlying issue was the horrible logo on the helmets for that game. No doubt.
I got a twitter message saying Iowa State Football was going with a new look while I was tailgating and thought for sure we were going with all greys and added a new grey helmet, saw the secondary logo and was so disappointed. We could've won the game and I would've still been upset about the logo.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone