Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Hmm. Hakeem Butler was a 2 star guy.

So was Bob Sanders, Robert Gallery, Josey Jewell, Chad Greenway, Josh Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux, Micah Hyde, Mike Daniels, Karl Klug, Scott Chandler, Akrum Wadley, just to name a few.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So was Bob Sanders, Robert Gallery, Josey Jewell, Chad Greenway, Josh Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux, Micah Hyde, Mike Daniels, Karl Klug, Scott Chandler, Akrum Wadley, just to name a few.

They even had stars for Sanders and Gallery back then?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I understand from the coaches perspective that you want someone to be 100% bought into the program, but at the same time, don't you want to make sure that the player is 100% comfortable with his decision while at the same time not running off talent? If you really like a kid, why wouldn't you let him go through the process of recruiting and come in with no regrets of the decision he made?

It's 100% hypocritical to tell a kid to be 100% committed when those same coaches are trying to poach kids that are committed to other schools. Gotta love the insecurity though...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Let's not pretend that recruiting rankings were worth a **** when half of these guys played at Iowa.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I’m not yeah buddy or whoever you think I am.. I was just made aware of some of the delusional fans over here. Especially cytwins and I can already tell the thought process is anti Iowa everything and none of you will actually sit down and debate sports.. and I get half of you are just trolling the Iowa fans.

There needs to be a bull **** rating

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Nice to see you guys picking it up a notch. Things were getting sideways fast. Kid looks solid, would've added nice depth to the young studs currently on the roster and the Army All-American DE in our 2020 class.

Getting sideways fast? I’d rather wait and get quality players committed than have 2 stars and other kids commit just to fill up the bottom spots of the class. But whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins and Brandon