RECRUITING INSIDER: Some insight on the two 2020 QB commits/crazy week

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Potential huge week for our DL

Good shots to land Gunnerson, Witt and Wilson.
Strongly agree, big week indeed. Let's get these guys on board and see the wailing begin from baby brother at Western Illinois Technical School in Iowa City.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
All 5 crystal balls for Witt are for TOE...

Those all were made within a few days of him deciding to no longer row a boat. The exception being the MN guy who switched this weekend. I'm guessing that he ends up at Iowa, but they have a lots of DL commits right now. May not matter to him, but hopefully it does.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Simple. He was higher on their list
Certainly could be the case. My greater point is that we don't know but there is evidnece that Wilson was a higher priority. There's also pay-wall info that supports that. Not that it can't be inaccurate or a fluctuating situation. Hell, some of the staff may have had differing opinions as is often the case.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
WRT having 2 QBs... they also tend to get hurt a lot. Since Seneca, what, only Meyer plated a full season?

We are all jacked up about Purdy, but we were saying the same about Kempt at this time last year, and he got dinged and was basically done.

As long as they are competing positively with each other, and not causing divisions in the locker room (something I think we can trust this staff on), then this is only a good thing.

Reactions: Doc

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
WRT having 2 QBs... they also tend to get hurt a lot. Since Seneca, what, only Meyer plated a full season?

We are all jacked up about Purdy, but we were saying the same about Kempt at this time last year, and he got dinged and was basically done.

As long as they are competing positively with each other, and not causing divisions in the locker room (something I think we can trust this staff on), then this is only a good thing.
I think you should bring in at minimum 3 QBs every two years. Six is a good contingent with 1 or 2 additional redshirting. You probably aren't going to have all of those though because you are always going to lose some upper class-men to transfer or a position switch.

Also, many high school QBs are simply the best athletes. I used to get sick of hearing about Iowa's teams where about every other linebacker, receiver and d-back would have high school QB in their bio. They are generally the best high school athletes or someone who understands the game better than anyone else on their high school team. Bringing in that kind of player is a recipe for success.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Just been feeling around on this today...

No worries from the Bouman camp. If you saw, Aiden actually welcomed Dekkers on Twitter after it today's commitment. I'm told that Bouman was aware that ISU could add another QB if the right guy came along and was totally fine with it.

I think a big thing to consider here too is that they are different types of QBs and as Campbell has proven before (and I believe he will prove again this year), he's not afraid to play two guys who bring different things to the table.

Dekkers ran a 4.6 40 at ISU's camp and blew the coaches a way. A true dual-threat guy.

Also notable that Bouman will be a mid-year enrollee while Dekkers is a summer guy.

Some stuff for you all to chew on.

Oh and buckle up. I'm hearing that this is going to be a wild week for recruiting.

200w.webp

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and Tri4Cy