Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Celebrated our wedding anniversary Saturday by going to dinner at Unkie's in Thor, IA. (If you've been there, you'll know, amirite @NWICY?) But we waited nearly an hour to be seated, and the service was lousy. Not typical for that place. Food was still excellent, so there was that. But I'm thankful for the vixen, and all the love and beauty she has brought to my life. :)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Haven't been to Unkie's for a loong time. Like you said usually some type of a wait, food is awesome and service really depends on which server you get. Some are much better than others. Hour wait I assume you were in the annex/extra building waiting with drinks?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We survived the graduation party. My daughter did great, greeting everybody and smiling pretty much the whole time. Ran out of pork at almost exactly 6 and pasta salad at about 5:30 so the people the showed up late had buns, cole slaw, chips and candy to choose from. Almost exactly 200 people. While most of her friends hung out in the upstairs hallway or front yard afterwards, her boyfriend stayed with us in the garage and backyard and helped clean up. I hate it when he's helpful and respectful like that. His dad was recently in a bike accident and broke his collar bone in 8 different places.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Celebrated our wedding anniversary Saturday by going to dinner at Unkie's in Thor, IA. (If you've been there, you'll know, amirite @NWICY?) But we waited nearly an hour to be seated, and the service was lousy. Not typical for that place. Food was still excellent, so there was that. But I'm thankful for the vixen, and all the love and beauty she has brought to my life. :)

No credit cards, so make sure you have plenty of cash on ya.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I moved myself in so I figured he could do that also. He would have had a dormer in his old room and now he has a normal room. He also wanted a midwestern guy and the old one was a east coaster.

College is all about getting exposure to different people

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
College is all about getting exposure to different people

He will get exposure, the room mate he now has will have a definite different background than him in many different ways, but a few core similarities. From when I was in college, having a room mate that you have nothing in common with is a recipe for disaster, especially with all the new things that will happen during the first semester.

Reactions: VeloClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Haven't been to Unkie's for a loong time. Like you said usually some type of a wait, food is awesome and service really depends on which server you get. Some are much better than others. Hour wait I assume you were in the annex/extra building waiting with drinks?

Yep, we were. And watched several groups who had arrived after we did get called in first. :mad:

• Dislike
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Brushing my teeth to get ready to go and wife had left TV on CBS news in our bedroom. She changes up her stations all over the place in the morning. Had a dude on there giving horrid financial advice (also, if he is the new haircut, hard NO). Basically if you want to splurge or buy something, go ahead. You want to go out to eat, you want a gym membership, new pair of pants no problem. Just get more income along the way. Just need to go in and ask for a raise, get more schooling to improve your position. He had a chart and said the average splurges were only about 500 dollars a month. Well, to many people who are tight on their budget, 500 bucks makes a good difference.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He will get exposure, the room mate he now has will have a definite different background than him in many different ways, but a few core similarities. From when I was in college, having a room mate that you have nothing in common with is a recipe for disaster, especially with all the new things that will happen during the first semester.

I had the perfect roommate my freshman year. He went home every single weekend the entire year so had the room to myself. Awesome.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
@BCClone your post in that level the playing field thread got me thinking about how I thought it was so strange that in Iowa you had such small graduating classes. My senior class was well over 400 and you said your class was 16.
We had close to 2000 kids in my high school and yours probably had like 50-60

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@BCClone your post in that level the playing field thread got me thinking about how I thought it was so strange that in Iowa you had such small graduating classes. My senior class was well over 400 and you said your class was 16.

That was why we closed after my junior year. My new school I graduated with 50 and thought that was huge

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Brushing my teeth to get ready to go and wife had left TV on CBS news in our bedroom. She changes up her stations all over the place in the morning. Had a dude on there giving horrid financial advice (also, if he is the new haircut, hard NO). Basically if you want to splurge or buy something, go ahead. You want to go out to eat, you want a gym membership, new pair of pants no problem. Just get more income along the way. Just need to go in and ask for a raise, get more schooling to improve your position. He had a chart and said the average splurges were only about 500 dollars a month. Well, to many people who are tight on their budget, 500 bucks makes a good difference.
Average "splurges" are $500/mo? That's $6000/yr. Not many people get raises like that...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I graduated from high school in Bellevue, WA, with a class of 525+. My ex graduated from a school "system" in the Columbia river basin where K-12 were all at the same place, and there were less than 200 students total (his graduating class had 17). We had NOTHING in common from our academic backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron