RECRUITING INSIDER: Some insight on the two 2020 QB commits/crazy week

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just been feeling around on this today...

No worries from the Bouman camp. If you saw, Aiden actually welcomed Dekkers on Twitter after it today's commitment. I'm told that Bouman was aware that ISU could add another QB if the right guy came along and was totally fine with it.

I think a big thing to consider here too is that they are different types of QBs and as Campbell has proven before (and I believe he will prove again this year), he's not afraid to play two guys who bring different things to the table.

Dekkers ran a 4.6 40 at ISU's camp and blew the coaches a way. A true dual-threat guy.

Also notable that Bouman will be a mid-year enrollee while Dekkers is a summer guy.

Some stuff for you all to chew on.

Oh and buckle up. I'm hearing that this is going to be a wild week for recruiting.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Just been feeling around on this today...

No worries from the Bouman camp. If you saw, Aiden actually welcomed Dekkers on Twitter after it today's commitment. I'm told that Bouman was aware that ISU could add another QB if the right guy came along and was totally fine with it.

I think a big thing to consider here too is that they are different types of QBs and as Campbell has proven before (and I believe he will prove again this year), he's not afraid to play two guys who bring different things to the table.

Dekkers ran a 4.6 40 at ISU's camp and blew the coaches a way. A true dual-threat guy.

Also notable that Bouman will be a mid-year enrollee while Dekkers is a summer guy.

Some stuff for you all to chew on.

Oh and buckle up. I'm hearing that this is going to be a wild week for recruiting.
I have tomorrow off from work and will be glued to Twitter. Bring on the recruiting news and rumors I'm ready to rock and roll!!!!

Reactions: Aclone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We absolutely have to land him
giphy.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I would say because he’s the top DE on our board and we need a couple in this class.
You have access to our recruiting board?

All said, he's my #1 want, as well, but if we don't get him we will be totally fine. There are no must-gets. Not even close. We wouldn't even be losing him to our in-state rival. When that happens it's far worse for a couple of reasons.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

All said, he's my #1 want, as well, but if we don't get him we will be totally fine. There are no must-gets. Not even close. We wouldn't even be losing him to our in-state rival. When that happens it's far worse for a couple of reasons.

You think he's not their #1 DE priority recruit?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

We don't play them but going up against Frost is still important. It's good for ISU that the Huskers have been down.