OT: Is Toy Story the best movie franchise ever?

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Saw TS 4 today and the dolls in the antique store were creepy as F.

I hosted a screening for customers and families Thursday night. Kid in my row commented on the dolls creepy factor right away.

Reactions: Angie

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was wondering how much Key and Peele wrote for their parts...some of the sequences and such seemed right up their alley.

If they didn't write the trailer they starred in the writers stole their act. This is directly lifted from their valet skits:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If they didn't write the trailer they starred in the writers stole their act. This is directly lifted from their valet skits:

Yeah the sequence regarding the antique store owner, looking back, was very similar to their style...just keep pushing and the gig further and the timing was the best laugh of the movie for me.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Little bit. Shazam scared them probably more than any movie they’ve seen... that one was a parenting fail.

Funny my coworker did exact same on Shazam with his boys. He’s trying to steer them toward hero/sci-fi and away from Paw Patrol but turned it off a ways in thinking it wasn’t quite right.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
After End Game I think the Avengers and all the other tie ins in the MCU should count and as a whole make up the best franchise in cinematic history. I dont think it's close. It really is incredible what they accomplished and truly unique in cinema. And I am an unabashed Star Wars fanboy.

I actually agree with that as a big SW fan. The MCU is this generation's Star Wars. Unfortunately, with most of the major characters going away and being replaced with lesser known characters and lesser stakes, it's almost impossible not to start getting into SW prequel/sequel money-grab territory. Anyone writing new MCU scripts has an impossible standard to live up to.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I’m in on Oscar Isaac and Timothy Chalamet Dune. Sting Dune... hard pass.

The spice must flow.

DAVIDLYNCHDUNE19.jpg

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
How can you make 4 amazing movies about toys?! Crazy that these movies are almost as old as me and they have all been fantastic.

CliveClone17

Feb 24, 2015
Saw TS4 over the weekend. Very well done and enjoyed it very much. Will concur on the creepy dummy dolls in the antique store - my college daughter was even creeped out by them. Key and Peele were great. Felt like the end of the franchise, but there are many ways it could be resurrected as well. Forky with the existential crisis was a nice touch.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My wife and I went to Toy Story 4 on Friday. It was great.

I cried when two sets of characters... mild spoilers...

Woody and Bo
Woody and Buzz/the rest of the gang

...said goodbye to each other.

I had no idea how they would keep the story going after Toy Story 3, but they found a way. I have no idea what they might do for another sequel, though, if they do.

Seems we have two 4/4 series now -- Mad Max and Toy Story. Quite the pair, eh?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My wife and I went to Toy Story 4 on Friday. It was great.

I cried when two sets of characters... mild spoilers...

Woody and Bo
Woody and Buzz/the rest of the gang

...said goodbye to each other.

I had no idea how they would keep the story going after Toy Story 3, but they found a way. I have no idea what they might do for another sequel, though, if they do.

Seems we have two 4/4 series now -- Mad Max and Toy Story. Quite the pair, eh?

Complete missed opportunity here:

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
After seeing Toy Story 4 tonight I got to thinking...is this the best movie franchise ever? There are spectacular franchises but almost all of them that I can think of have one dud/one that just isn't as 'great' as the others.

I'm sure people will say Star Wars, Alien, Terminator, Lord of the Rings, The Godfather, 007, Marvel, etc.

But at this moment, I am not sure anything is as good OVERALL than the Toy Story franchise with every installment so well made and so highly regarded. My runner up would be Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

no

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
We've been watching Toy Story 1-3 to introduce the kids.....without seeing 4, I hope it's good, because I thought they were masterful at ending Toy Story 3 and it could have been left at that. BUT, I know how $$$ works with Hollywood, lol.

Gotta say Back to the Future series is a great franchise that I feel ties together very well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron