Stamp Collection - Advise on Selling One

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I'm in possession of a stamp collection dating back to the early 1900's. Maybe some earlier. Probably.

Mostly stuff from the 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's.

Lot of First Day issues. Some full Sheets. Some Block plates.

A total of 4 pretty good size boxes like you get paper in. Looks like lots of unsorted stuff too. Some foreign. A large number of United Nations stamps.

My knowledge of stamp collecting is so limited and I'm not going to do a lot of research. Wanting to get a decent price.

Anyone with experience selling stamps? Or know a private collector or stamp dealer that would buy at a fair price? Local to Eastern Iowa or Central Iowa preferred.

I know stamp collecting is not a popular pastime with interest falling greatly in the last 30 years or so. Just want to get them out of my house and get something close to a fair price. Which I'm at the mercy of somebody else to determine.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Used or unused, or both?

Both.

The first day issues are cancelled//postmarked of course.
Block sets and Full Sheets are unused.
United Nations are unused
Lots of misc unused.

Most of the older stuff is used.
Same with foreign.
Some revenue stamps, too
Several boxes of clipped from mail stuff. Not much value there I assume.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mmm, reminds me I have a bunch of old stuff, some cancelled some in those issue sheets I need to get rid of of. I am assuming they ain't worth a couple cups of coffee though with the exception of some very old ones. Same thing with a bunch of old coins in those little blue collector booklets. These were fun to "collect" and fill in as a little kid but wtf do I do with them now?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Mmm, reminds me I have a bunch of old stuff, some cancelled some in those issue sheets I need to get rid of of. I am assuming they ain't worth a couple cups of coffee though with the exception of some very old ones. Same thing with a bunch of old coins in those little blue collector booklets. These were fun to "collect" and fill in as a little kid but wtf do I do with them now?

Buy a bottle of wine and forget you sold them?