UConn back to Big East

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
That might be the smart play for all, but would egos and hard feelings get in the way? From the AAC's point of view, about the only value UConn brought to the conference was its basketball programs. Now that UConn took its talents to another conference, them trying to continue to cash in on whatever coin the AAC gets through football probably won't sit well with the other members.
You are probably right. I just hope they stay from a Cincinnati football perspective. I've been to a couple of UC vs. UConn football games, and it is an easy natural rivalry of sorts (as far as AAC match-ups go).

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
there really is no need to bring in another texas team. only good thing wood be watching dana h going to west va.

would love to have colorado back though, sup babe

Mr. Unprofessional left for easier scheduling and playing lesser teams. Big 12 got too big for him. So I'm for adding Houston so he can go back to WV and come back to Jack Trice so we can storm the field at halftime and end of the game.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Mr. Unprofessional left for easier scheduling and playing lesser teams. Big 12 got too big for him. So I'm for adding Houston so he can go back to WV and come back to Jack Trice so we can storm the field at halftime and end of the game.

Dana left because he knew he was on borrowed time in WV, and if he stayed he was going to get fired after the end of this season. WV lost a ton of talent, the chance that they were going to be 500% is not good. So when Houston offers millions, all guaranteed, it was too good an offer to pass up.
Better to get out of town before the posse arrives for your head. Smart move by him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dana left because he knew he was on borrowed time in WV, and if he stayed he was going to get fired after the end of this season. WV lost a ton of talent, the chance that they were going to be 500% is not good. So when Houston offers millions, all guaranteed, it was too good an offer to pass up.
Better to get out of town before the posse arrives for your head. Smart move by him.
He pulled a McDermott

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If the American does blow up, I would like to see the B12 take a look at Houston Memphis, Cincinnati, and Temple. I'm not a huge fan of UCF and USF for the conference, but I guess they deserve considering too.

Some of you are trolling at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There was a time i was interested in expansion, but at this point i think the big 12 should only even listen to other P5 schools (Pac-12 most likely), and even then i really like the round robin scheduling we have and might not want to give that up.

L

LincolnWay187

There was a time i was interested in expansion, but at this point i think the big 12 should only even listen to other P5 schools (Pac-12 most likely), and even then i really like the round robin scheduling we have and might not want to give that up.
I completely agree and I was the same way. Add quality teams only at this point. I would be cool with adding Arizona schools. No more Texas schools please.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I completely agree and I was the same way. Add quality teams only at this point. I would be cool with adding Arizona schools. No more Texas schools please.

My thoughts exactly, I am fine with 10, but if the Arizona schools are willing to talk, I would be up for them joining the league. USC or UCLA will never leave the Pac 12 nor should they, but the Arizona schools would help the league.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The Athletic reporting AAC doesnt want UConn for football only.

That means UConn either (1) goes independent for football, weighs whatever options for another league arise; (2) drops to FCS;

Also opens the question of what American would add for football. Would it try Army as football-only (to pair w/ Navy)?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

In a world that will never happen ever it would be something like 8 conferences, 10 teams each with a slightly expanded playoff system.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If the American does blow up, I would like to see the B12 take a look at Houston Memphis, Cincinnati, and Temple. I'm not a huge fan of UCF and USF for the conference, but I guess they deserve considering too.

Assuming AAC implosion did happen and B12 decided to pluck a couple at random, Temple would be the last option I'd consider. If you want an outlier, Tulane would be a better idea than that.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Are there any viable rumors to the AAC having issues or is this just an anomaly with UConn?
Always wondered why the A10 didnt look at them.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Good move. I've been saying this was gonna happen for years. It just made too much sense NOT to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

500% is a damn good record. If you ignore that it's unachievable.

• Funny
Reactions: Cydkar

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
When the Big East exploded I thought they needed 70% of Catholic teams to still keep the name and run the show.

Not to refute, I ask because I don't know (anyone may answer to inform me): Was there ever an edict or quota for Catholic schools in New Big East, or was it a coincidence of status involving remaining schools plus the colleges they happened to add?