Aidan Bitter Commits

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Ah- it's okay to tease Iowa basketball relentlessly about their whiteness, but never one of our recruiting classes. Ok. My bad. :rolleyes:
A ****-ton more great white football players than great white basketball players. Does that help?
Not that it matters.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
A ****-ton more great white football players than great white basketball players. Does that help?
Not that it matters.

You're right it doesn't. I like our class so far. Great first WR pickup. Really hoping to land some defensive line targets, though. We graduate a lot and Uwazarike may go early if he puts up big numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm just glad we are to a point as a program where we can just trust the staff on someone that may not hold other high-level offers. What used to be a "ugh, getting everyone else's scraps" is now an "awesome, our staff has identified someone before everyone else."

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Hopefully, the weekend produces some commitments. While I certainly trust Campbell more than those before him, we only have three guys with other P5 offers.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Hopefully, the weekend produces some commitments. While I certainly trust Campbell more than those before him, we only have three guys with other P5 offers.
I think Campbell tries to get the guys that he likes right away, and then likes to invest his time on the higher ranked players that aren't typically committing early.

• Agree
Reactions: cyence and Doc

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The thing is, the guys who Campbell offers early who don’t commit blow up. Dontae Manning is one example. Visited several times, didn't commit, other teams noticed—and now he’s a highly ranked four star and committed to OU.

Get in and snag them before other P5’s do. They’ve hit on some really good players doing this.
I still have no clue how Will McDonald didn’t have more offers.
You're right it doesn't. I like our class so far. Great first WR pickup. Really hoping to land some defensive line targets, though. We graduate a lot and Uwazarike may go early if he puts up big numbers.
Losing Uwazurike is a possibility, but I still like our young DE’s. It’s inside and long term that I’m looking for some commitments to patch up.

Looking forward to seeing what Aidan is like after some time in the weight room.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
This kid just went from unranked and not rated to being rated .86 on 247. That 8th highest rated wr since 2002!

Don't think he is a diamond in the rough anymore
That's these recruiting services. The kind of kids that a lowly Iowa State program goes after don't get evaluated at all. But once a nationally-established well-regarded program led by a coach like Matt Campbell offers a kid, they take notice.

Wait, what did I just write?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That's these recruiting services. The kind of kids that a lowly Iowa State program goes after don't get evaluated at all. But once a nationally-established well-regarded program led by a coach like Matt Campbell offers a kid, they take notice.

Wait, what did I just write?

They should, he obviously finds players.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
They should, he obviously finds players.
And perhaps why these players are getting some nice 247 bumps once they get an ISU offer or they commit. I for one love the multi-sport kids...especially those that do events like the hurdles and jumps...speaks to agility and off the line speed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Some more data for the hater(s) regarding Bitter. He's an athletic stud and that's purely data driven. The tweet indicates that he scored a 4.7 out of 5 using Tracking Football's algorithm. Read the link below the tweet to understand the process, but a 4.0 and above is considered "excellent".

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-...-are-buying-into-Tracking-Football-117711082/

And he still has senior track results yet to come, for a possible bump to 5.0.

Unless he enrolls early.

Wonder how Darien Porter fits on this?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Does anyone know if Aidan camped at ISU? Even for this coaching staff, finding unranked, diamond in the rough guys in the middle of Florida is pretty surprising. Love his tape though, just curious how the connection started.