No "Hawks" Drafted

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
KU definitely had a down year. According to Steve Prohm fans last year, teams are entitled to down years. I guess that only applies to Iowa State teams coached by Steve Prohm. Anyway, both teams went further in the NCAA tournament than us, despite us having TWO NBA first-round draft picks! Does that say even more about Steve Prohm?

Let's be honest though. A KU down year is still a top 5 seed and upper 2/3 in the conference standings. A down year for ISU is last place in the Big 12 and a losing record.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
KU definitely had a down year. According to Steve Prohm fans last year, teams are entitled to down years. I guess that only applies to Iowa State teams coached by Steve Prohm. Anyway, both teams went further in the NCAA tournament than us, despite us having TWO NBA first-round draft picks! Does that say even more about Steve Prohm?

Being drafted in nba has zero to do with ncaa season.. Vanderbilt had 2 players drafted.. Belmont did... Florida state did I believe.. heck a kid from USC went first rd and barely played.. nba isnt the nfl..

DuneFan

Nov 7, 2015
Who is us? Which team had 2 first round draft picks?

OK, I read an article about the draft which was titled "Analysis of every pick in round 1", but it included both rounds. Made it look like THT and Shayok were drafted in the first round. My bad.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
OK, I read an article about the draft which was titled "Analysis of every pick in round 1", but it included both rounds. Made it look like THT and Shayok were drafted in the first round. My bad.
You never answered, "Who is us?"

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

How many NBA guys were on the UAB team? GTFO with that ****

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Don't watch much basketball do you?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Moss gets drafted next year, it will be interesting to see how EIU spins it. Would be very entertaining ....

You know they're already going to spin him leaving for KU as meaning Iowa has KU-type talent.

They'll claim any of his success as a result of going to Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
When you watched Iowa games, there were times when Cook could take over the game, ran the floor well for a big guy, but he never developed any sort of an outside shot. It was all moves right to the basket.

He is not a good rebounder as he should be, and he is a tweener for the NBA. No way he has the handles to play a 3 in the league, and without an outside shot, he has no chance of ever playing in the NBA.

Good college player, but that is it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's somewhat right, all Iowa State got out of the 2nd and 3rd highest recruits in program history and Shayok was a loss to quite possibly the worst NCAA tournament team I've seen come out of a major conference in years.

Pretty minor when you consider the UAB loss

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron