NBA: *** Official NBA Draft Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Fun for both to get their name called.

THT may have an interesting first experience in the league with what usually seems like some drama with Lebron James no matter where he is.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I have a bias to the Lakers because I'm a massive LeBron fan...but after thinking about THT to the Lakers, I don't think he could be in a better situation. His agent is also the agent of the two superstars on the team. He's playing with a NBA legend. He's living in LA. He was drafted by one of the Championship favorites. He was drafted to a team that currently has ONE guard on its roster, Isaac Bonga, and they're currently trying to trade him.

That Lakers spot is so good. Some alternatives would have been the Pistons the pick before, the Magic not trading his rights to LA, or the Kings the pick after.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
(my opinion)
Draft winners:
Pelicans easily win with Zion and Jaxon Hayes.
Hawks with DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
Blazers with Nassir Little at 25.

Draft losers:
Suns with Cam Johnson at 11

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Will be interesting to see what guys outside of the top players turn out to be really good. There is always a few in the draft like that or you have someone like Van Vleet who wasn't drafted at all.

I like what the Pelicans did in trading the 4th pick and getting a guy like Saric and a project like Hayes.
Also like what the Hawks did with getting Hunter who has a high floor and can be a defensive stopper and then taking a high risk guy like Reddish who if he pays off you can look like a genius. I also like the Hawks direction overall with the young guys they have.

Suns with a curious pick but there are some older guys that have been really good like Brogdon so you never know. And he is a really good shooter. If he can be a rotation guy, then it is a good pick.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Will be interesting to see what guys outside of the top players turn out to be really good. There is always a few in the draft like that or you have someone like Van Vleet who wasn't drafted at all.

I like what the Pelicans did in trading the 4th pick and getting a guy like Saric and a project like Hayes.
Also like what the Hawks did with getting Hunter who has a high floor and can be a defensive stopper and then taking a high risk guy like Reddish who if he pays off you can look like a genius. I also like the Hawks direction overall with the young guys they have.

Suns with a curious pick but there are some older guys that have been really good like Brogdon so you never know. And he is a really good shooter. If he can be a rotation guy, then it is a good pick.
Saric went to the Suns.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Oh crap. All the trading got me confused.

Ok. I like that for the Suns as well. Put him next to Ayton. Suns still need a PG in a bad way. I wonder if they go after Rubio?
They're a PG away from being pretty good. Too bad they're in the west. I imagine they'll offer all the good PGs that are available this summer like Kyrie, Kemba and DLo.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
For the draft aficionados here, I'm curious to see your top "draft steals" after round 2 is complete, maybe top 5 if you want. (I have no clue how to assess such a thing).

In terms of value I thought these five were all really good picks:

1. Grizzlies - Brandon Clarke at 21. Was pissed when the Pacers passed on him at 18. Will be a good addition to what should be a pretty fun team to watch.
2. Celtics - Grant Williams at 22. See above. Ready to play right away and still room to improve.
3. Cavs - Kevin Porter Jr at 30. Lottery ticket.
4. Spurs - Keldon Johnson. Of course a guy who's NBA-ready right now falls to the Spurs at 29.
5. Lakers - Our guy THT at 46. I don't think he'll contribute right away; he's a long term project. But there's too much potential there for him to fall as far as he did. I don't know the reasons behind the slide but if the Lakers or someone else are patient and bring him along slowly they'll have a unique and versatile piece to work with.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
(my opinion)
Draft winners:
Pelicans easily win with Zion and Jaxon Hayes.
Hawks with DeAndre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
Blazers with Nassir Little at 25.

Draft losers:
Suns with Cam Johnson at 11

You can add the Wizards to the Losers list. Rui Hachimura had no business going in the top ten. I thought there were better options there.