Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Had to pedal furiously to beat the rain home. As it was the temp dropped 9 degrees and it was feeling kinda cold with that 20 mph. Might have to order some long sleeve jerseys for this sunless ****** weather summer.

And the forecast. **** it. Just **** it.
View attachment 64881
There is something to be said for the proper incentive to getting your optimum performance. ;)

I hope it moves on before the soccer games tonight. Both kids are supposed to play. They'll play in rain but games get called if there is lightning.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Thanks, GR8. This site will be very helpful for my trip to Appleton tomorrow. It looks like apart from a little road work on I-94 with all lanes open during peak hours there isn't much to stand in our way.

<insert optimistic emoji here>

You should not place labels. Dwarf or short is bad. Korean is insensitive, it lives in America. So you just have a lilac. Because it may wish to be a tree and not a bush, it may also think of itself as a shrub...,,,...so just the lilac that resides in the yard of the house I own.

This post is cave-approved.

Reactions: BCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The sun is out here (sorry, not trying to rub it in, Boxster) and we are hopeful of getting golf league in tonight. We have already lost 3 weeks to rain.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I had never been to the state fair in my life until a few years ago. The vixen finally dragged me down with a couple of the girls and grandkids. I will admit I had a good time and will go back again. I really enjoyed seeing all the animals.

Lots of good food (although none of it very healthy) and of course dippin' dots.

My fair food rule (usually) - Eat food you don't have a chance to eat at either a run of the mill carnival or Wells Fargo Arena. Strawberry smoothies are exempt, sometimes funnel cakes that you split with your SIL.

@SCyclone if you want REALLY good ice cream, go to the stand just inside the main entrance of the Ag Building where the butter cow is. Get the strawberry. Soooooo good.

Also a fan of pork chop on a stick, free refills the entire fair from Hardenbrooks if you initially purchase an $8 drink, and pork tenderloins as big as your face.

Someday, in the near future, I want to enter the photo competition.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The sun is out here (sorry, not trying to rub it in, Boxster) and we are hopeful of getting golf league in tonight. We have already lost 3 weeks to rain.

Did you miss the noon rain? We did not. I should bike to night but will not cousin wants to go on the fitness walk that Brown shoes heads up so I'm doing that . It will be nice to catch up. She is back to take care of her mom who just had shoulder surgery.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My fair food rule (usually) - Eat food you don't have a chance to eat at either a run of the mill carnival or Wells Fargo Arena. Strawberry smoothies are exempt, sometimes funnel cakes that you split with your SIL.

@SCyclone if you want REALLY good ice cream, go to the stand just inside the main entrance of the Ag Building where the butter cow is. Get the strawberry. Soooooo good.

Also a fan of pork chop on a stick, free refills the entire fair from Hardenbrooks if you initially purchase an $8 drink, and pork tenderloins as big as your face.

Someday, in the near future, I want to enter the photo competition.

Share with us in the photo thread or here. We like neat pics (shout out to Boxster and Cyclones_RGr8 and others that I'm omitting).

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
With apologies to Huey:
I want a new drug, one that won't make me itch
One that won't make my throat close up
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick...

Soooo...
I got a new drug, one that won't hurt my gut (I hope)
One that won't make my throat too dry
Or make my skin too red...

One that will kill this damned bug!!!!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Not sure why so many people go to bike nights. I'm at Council Bluffs Bikes on the 100 Block. Been here 25 minutes and bored af. Probably have 1 drink and leave before the main band starts. Iron Maiden tribute band right now. Not very good imho.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Also it's karaoke night and someone just did a FANTASTIC rendition of I Will Survive. Mad props.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
People were blocking the aisle on my plane during a medical emergency. Some woman passed out and they were giving her oxygen and IV and stuff. When we landed people stood up and blocked the stretcher coming on and coming off.

I told a woman standing in the way that I hope she missed her flight and if she was ever in an emergency that people stood in her way

Was that a **** move to tell her that? My friends and I are currently debating and I thought I would ask RT

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
People were blocking the aisle on my plane during a medical emergency. Some woman passed out and they were giving her oxygen and IV and stuff. When we landed people stood up and blocked the stretcher coming on and coming off.

I told a woman standing in the way that I hope she missed her flight and if she was ever in an emergency that people stood in her way

Was that a **** move to tell her that? My friends and I are currently debating and I thought I would ask RT
No. Call out people when they pull that kind of ********. A little bit of self-awareness does wonders.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I have no problem with that whatsoever .

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
One of my old rules of the internet is 'stay out of the comment section'. But I also like to witness a train-wreck, so I break this rule sometimes. And every time I weep for humanity.
Facebook was a better place when it was just for college students and racist Aunt Vivian didn't have a public forum to spew her nonsense.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Not a **** move at all. When you call out **** behavior it's them being dicks, not you.

Didn't they announce to ask people to remain seating while they exited the ill person? Had this on a couple flights and it was announced and everyone complied. But, than again, this is the decade of full on douche behavior.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With apologies to Huey:
I want a new drug, one that won't make me itch
One that won't make my throat close up
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick...

Soooo...
I got a new drug, one that won't hurt my gut (I hope)
One that won't make my throat too dry
Or make my skin too red...

One that will kill this damned bug!!!!

Ha, I skipped to your 2nd paragraph and went full on I Want a New Drug even before I jumped back and read the 1st paragraph. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

No. Some people are so self-absorbed that THEIR needs surmount all others. The only ones who should be able to get away with that are infants.

• Agree

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Ha, I skipped to your 2nd paragraph and went full on I Want a New Drug even before I jumped back and read the 1st paragraph. :rolleyes:
It's been an earworm all day. My doc thinks I'm reacting to the Augmentin, even though I just used it with no problems six weeks ago. He's concerned about the rash, but he's more concerned about the swallowing issue. Apparently the K pneumoniae tested susceptible to Cipro and a couple of other antibiotics as well when they cultured it, so we have options. He's switching me over to Cipro. I'm hopeful it will go better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron