THT Going into the Draft

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Well, Morris came back for his senior year and got drafted. Had he declared early, he was not getting drafted.

Jarrett Culver might have been a 2nd round pick last year. He came back and will now be a lottery pick.

Not denying that, I just made that statement because some people act like there isn't any risk in coming back.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Its weird that this thread isn't full of people wishing the kid well. Anything good that happens to him now is good for the ISU basketball program. We should be pulling for him to get drafted. I can't think of one reason for any negativity about this.

It’s not people wishing former player Ill will...it is some still contemplating the decision and whether it was the right one for THT mostly...He isn’t the type of player production wise you see be a one and done...he was basically not good the last 1/3 of the season and especially in post season...He has a ton of growth yet to dp...I’d say the vast majority of isu fans hope and wish THT gets drafted high and does well...He isn’t coming back to isu now...but there also isn’t much of a connection with THT and the isu fan base either..kid was here a year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Its weird that this thread isn't full of people wishing the kid well. Anything good that happens to him now is good for the ISU basketball program. We should be pulling for him to get drafted. I can't think of one reason for any negativity about this.
I get some of the locker room chemistry questions that some people may have but I wish him nothing but the best.
Who can hate on someone for going after their dream?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Talen getting drafted in the first-round, turning into a steal, and ending up like Trevor Ariza (as the FiveThirtyEight model projects) would be incredible for the program.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I just think that ISU fans had this idea in their head that the first 1 and done they got would be someone who would transcend the college game, isu as a whole, and be an easy shoe in for the lottery. And the fact that the season ended the way it did and THTs play at the end was the way it was, has caused people to sour on it all together. There are a solid list of freshman that will not be drafted in the first round. If he does slide into the 2nd, it's not this unbelievable fall from grace some are making it out to be.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I just think that ISU fans had this idea in their head that the first 1 and done they got would be someone who would transcend the college game and be an easy shoe in for the lottery, and the fact that the season ended the way it did and THTs play at the end was the way it was, has caused people to sour on it all together. There are a solid list of freshman that will not be drafted in the first round. It's not this unbelievable fall from grace some are making it out to seem.
I think most fans always thought that if we got a one-and-done guy, he would be a program changer, and carry us to a final 4. The thing is, most one-and-dones don't have THAT big an impact. Fultz didn't do anything for Washington. LSU was mediocre with Ben Simmons. Kansas has had many one and done players that were just average players on their team. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 players each year, most one-and-dones are solid as freshman, but they aren't carrying teams.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They compared him to Deonte Burton, which I agree.

It's crazy that even against G league and NBA talent Deonte does stuff that has the benches jumping up and cheering.

I think they have similar shocking length but Deonte has more strength and athleticism. THT is more creative.

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think most fans always thought that if we got a one-and-done guy, he would be a program changer, and carry us to a final 4. The thing is, most one-and-dones don't have THAT big an impact. Fultz didn't do anything for Washington. LSU was mediocre with Ben Simmons. Kansas has had many one and done players that were just average players on their team. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 players each year, most one-and-dones are solid as freshman, but they aren't carrying teams.
I would even consider this generous.

Reactions: isutrevman

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's crazy that even against G league and NBA talent Deonte does stuff that has the benches jumping up and cheering.

I think they have similar shocking length but Deonte has more strength and athleticism. THT is more creative.
Yeah, Deonte's athleticism will never be a part of THTs game, even if he develops his body in every way to make himself more explosive. DB is just a freak in that regard, given his body type. That being said, THT certainly is more creative on the offensive side.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Deonte is also like 5 years older than THT. He didn't have a big impact until he was a RS senior. THT as a RS senior in college would be something else.

I think a comfortable in his element THT running the offense as point forward like later years Georges would have been pretty ridiculous. Burton isn't that kind of player but THT could be.

Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron