Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Happened to look out into the back yard at lunch yesterday, and noticed that somebody had cut our lilac bush off all the way to the ground. Every single branch.

I mentioned it to the vixen when she got home, and she was pissed. We had been talking with our neighbors about lot lines, because there is an odd triangular shaped area between houses that rarely gets mowed. Turns out it belongs to the neighbors in question, so I pointed it out to him, and he's been mowing it regularly.

We both decided they aren't the kind of people who would just arbitrarily cut down a lilac bush without talking to us first (it's very close to being on the property line). So the vixen texted the lady and asked if by chance they had cut it down.

Well.....the lady didn't take it the right way, at all. She is upset that we would assume they did it. (She denied that they did.) And now our neighbors who we thought were our friends are not happy with us. :(

I will be digging the lilac up and transplanting it, they're pretty hardy and should be OK. But I guess in retrospect it should have been handled another way. Am I going to tell the vixen that? Are you nuts? :eek:
The neighbor lady got upset about that? The lesson is, as usual, women are weird.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Not a state fair guy. Was thinking of going over to the fairgrounds in St. Paul this weekend though. Fri-Sat-Sun is this yuge Back to the 50's car thingie, . It's sort of state fair meets cars show. Always thought about going over and than guys from the TV show Bitchin' Rides did a show from there and I saw it was more than just hot rods and thought I need to go. Of course it's supposed to rain Fri-Sat-Sun. So **** this summer's weather, again. Forecast last night for today was mostly sunny. It's 100% cloud cover. Sun don't even shine when it isn't raining.
We have the graduation party this weekend. Finally. About a 50% chance of rain. That doesn't really tell us anything about the weather. We have a tent coming just in case.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You left out anything about her being tall.

Yeah, that she wasn't.

I will say later in that presentation, I looked over right as she did, we looked eye to eye for a little longer than normal with that, I think I know you look, and then both looked away. Made sure to avoid that area for a bit afterwards, by the time I got ready to leave she was gone. One of those funny things to laugh about but not funny if you actually have to deal with it face to face. I hope she is happy and doing well, just no desire to fully know.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I had never been to the state fair in my life until a few years ago. The vixen finally dragged me down with a couple of the girls and grandkids. I will admit I had a good time and will go back again. I really enjoyed seeing all the animals.

Lots of good food (although none of it very healthy) and of course dippin' dots.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If you go to the site and click on each marker there will be a pop up giving some details to what kind of work is happening. The 511 sites seem to be updated daily so they are pretty good.
Thanks, GR8. This site will be very helpful for my trip to Appleton tomorrow. It looks like apart from a little road work on I-94 with all lanes open during peak hours there isn't much to stand in our way.

<insert optimistic emoji here>

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If I had found out someone had defaced a lilac bush I owned?

tenor.gif
That was pretty much Mrs. Velo's reaction last night when she found dog crap that someone left next to our dwarf* Korean lilac bush.

EDIT: Is *this now considered insensitive. Should it now be called a "little lilac"?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That was pretty much Mrs. Velo's reaction last night when she found dog crap that someone left next to our dwarf* Korean lilac bush.

EDIT: Is *this now considered insensitive. Should it now be called a "little lilac"?

You should not place labels. Dwarf or short is bad. Korean is insensitive, it lives in America. So you just have a lilac. Because it may wish to be a tree and not a bush, it may also think of itself as a shrub...,,,...so just the lilac that resides in the yard of the house I own.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Tx is the only one of those three I haven't been to heard it's pretty impressive. Do you go on the Tx/OU day or other days?

You absolutely avoid TX/OU days (weekend) unless you're going to the game. It's utter chaos from sun up to sun down. All of Dallas pretty much is that day.

I live within walking distance but usually talk the light rail since it's just easier to navigate from the light rail station. So I usually get a season pass because of all the cooking competitions I enter.

Usually I'll spend a Saturday doing the actual fair stuff with a couple friends. Otherwise I am dropping off my cooking stuff at ~8am and then going home and then coming back for the announcement of the winners at 2-4pm.

Not a state fair guy. Was thinking of going over to the fairgrounds in St. Paul this weekend though. Fri-Sat-Sun is this yuge Back to the 50's car thingie, . It's sort of state fair meets cars show. Always thought about going over and than guys from the TV show Bitchin' Rides did a show from there and I saw it was more than just hot rods and thought I need to go. Of course it's supposed to rain Fri-Sat-Sun. So **** this summer's weather, again. Forecast last night for today was mostly sunny. It's 100% cloud cover. Sun don't even shine when it isn't raining.

Love the state fair car shows. People truly have some awesome cars

Reactions: NWICY

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Got to talk to the Super K teacher for a couple minutes at drop off today.
I said something mutually complementary about their approach and Z, and the teacher added "Oh, yes, she can do everything. She reads already!"
Then she told me the story of Z picking up her milk carton at lunch and reading it to her, pretty much out of the blue, because that's how the kid rolls.

There's an even more amazing kid in there, once she believes it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's probably where this was going. ;)

Not nearly as classy as the cork cars you showed us, but this one was on the street. They opted for maximum flotation as the corks are not split but instead whole. Not a BMW, either.

For the record, I was completely stationary waiting on the exit ramp when I snapped this. The car was not so I took what I could get.

Attachments

• cork car.jpg
    cork car.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had to pedal furiously to beat the rain home. As it was the temp dropped 9 degrees and it was feeling kinda cold with that 20 mph. Might have to order some long sleeve jerseys for this sunless ****** weather summer.

And the forecast. **** it. Just **** it.
upload_2019-6-20_15-14-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.