Best beers in America

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think I've had 7 of the 10 on the list. And 14 out of the Top 24. Not bad for a guy who doesnt' travel a whole lot.

I had SNPA for the first time in a long time last fall. I'd forgotten how good of a beer that really is. Underrated in my mind for sure.

I think Hopslam is one of my favorite beers ever. Even though it was better last year. Every year people say that. ;)

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
When I first starting drinking craft 2 hearted and Hopslam were my favorite beers. Now I don't even really like them at all. SNPA was there at the beginning too but I still dig that.

I got my favorite sticker from Bell's though. "If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers."

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Of the top 10, I’ve only not had Pliny. I have heard that Pliny was way ahead of it’s time, and built a reputation because of that, but now it’s a bit overrated. Still a great beer, but overrated none the less. Again...that’s just what I’ve heard, as I haven’t had it.

Had Juicy Bits (Weldwerks) for the first time a few months ago. Very tasty beer, but I actually liked 3.8 Miles more.

Solid top 10.

For some reason, the link to the rest of the list won’t work for me, so can’t comment on the rest.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I’ve had all but WeldWerks.

All great beers, but I don’t know if any make my personal Top 10.

Just based on your posting, i know you as quite the beer connoisseur. Weldwerks keeps their stuff out of big liquor stores. More “mom and pop” distribution outside of the taproom.

If in Denver, stop in at Genesee Wine & Spirits just off of 70 west of Golden. They should have WW. It’s good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al_4_State

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Had them all besides weldworks. Kind of surprised to see Sierra Nevada.

If you really think about it though. SNPA is really a solid beer. There are times I'll be looking through shelves and remember just how much I enjoy drinking it. It really doesn't try to be more than what it is, a really solid easy drinking beer with a lot more flavor than your BMCs, without hitting you in the face or filling you up to fast.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
When I first starting drinking craft 2 hearted and Hopslam were my favorite beers. Now I don't even really like them at all. SNPA was there at the beginning too but I still dig that.

I got my favorite sticker from Bell's though. "If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers."
I've got that sticker on my kegerator