Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty nice weather. Cloudy, or course, because the sun don't shine unfiltered here this summer (ever) but still okay temps. Going to take a ride after an inning or two of the noon Yankee game. Would do a longer ride but plotting a nice loop from my house is more complicated with all of the trail closures for the light rial construction. Pretty much ***** ALL of my favorite loops other than just the Chain of Lake fitness loop for the next three years. By the time they are done I'll be too old to bike the new trail links.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Happened to look out into the back yard at lunch yesterday, and noticed that somebody had cut our lilac bush off all the way to the ground. Every single branch.

I mentioned it to the vixen when she got home, and she was pissed.

If I had found out someone had defaced a lilac bush I owned?

tenor.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The CyCash thing made me think of this:

Getting my breathing fully back after March's allergy episode, so I'm half-wired all the time while I get used to having energy again.

Had a meeting for parents whose kids are in the Super K program yesterday. Leader was prepped and right on the mark, and then a meeting became a meeting when one parent asked a solid 30 minutes of questions until the teacher had to go help with recess. Like, the teacher actually very quickly and politely just cut things off and said that she's got to go help out.

I'm a supporter of questions, but maybe have questions that aren't already handled by the materials they give you at kindergarten registration, orientation, and e-mails. Questions like "what will my child cover in Kindergarten" and "how do we pay for lunches? Send cash, punch cards, something else?"

This has all been covered a billion times elsewhere by now for involved parents. So, instead of someone doing the basic reading, I sat there trying not to explode at someone acting like she's trying to put a plan together who has already had that info spoon-fed to her. I read each thing they gave me that day another 2-5 times while I just tried not to lose my mind.

I love meetings. They are such a good way to get things done.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pulled out road bike again this afternoon. DND.

Beavis & Butt-Head Moment: Was getting ready to pass a gal on her bike and just before I said "On your left" she ripped a yuge noisy fart, talking seam ripping league of its own level. :eek: I imagine my subsequent "On your left" embarrassed her a bit. :oops:

Last edited:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So, has anyone ever heard of Klebsiella pneumoniae?

Yeah, me neither. But it's apparently what I'm battling. :(

Klebsiella pneumoniae is a Gram-negative, non-motile, encapsulated, lactose-fermenting, facultative anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium. It appears as a mucoid lactose fermenter on MacConkey agar.
-from Wiki

The only words I really understood here is encapsulated, rod shaped, and anaerobic. ("Hey! That means it doesn't need oxygen.") I know the words lactose and fermenter, but have no clue what it means put together when describing bacteria.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
-from Wiki

The only words I really understood here is encapsulated, rod shaped, and anaerobic. ("Hey! That means it doesn't need oxygen.") I know the words lactose and fermenter, but have no clue what it means put together when describing bacteria.
I've gotten a little deeper into it than that...but it hasn't helped me any.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Basically the ice cream and cottage cheese you ate were not helping at the time?
I'm not even sure where the damned stuff is localized. There are several typical places it goes when it migrates (it's normal in the gut), but I don't have any of the symptoms for any of them (UTI, pulmonary involvement, heart, open wound). It just doesn't make sense. However, I AM feeling pretty decent this evening. So maybe the Augmentin is working.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
It was a good day for Outrage....lot of folks being dutifully triggered by what is known to work. Get up in morning....watch Good Morning America...read some blogs...got to work....share a bunch of Facebook virtue signaling...go to little league baseball game and sucker punch some dude.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm not even sure where the damned stuff is localized. There are several typical places it goes when it migrates (it's normal in the gut), but I don't have any of the symptoms for any of them (UTI, pulmonary involvement, heart, open wound). It just doesn't make sense. However, I AM feeling pretty decent this evening. So maybe the Augmentin is working.

Pneumonia is in the lungs. Around the sacs where O2 is brought in.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Pneumonia is in the lungs. Around the sacs where O2 is brought in.
The disease Pneumonia is in the lungs, and has a variety of causes. I have no pulmonary symptoms (shortness of breath, coughing, mucus production, etc).

Pneumoniae is part of the name of a group of bacteria. From what I've read, this is probably the clearest:

Klebsiella pneumoniae (K. pneumoniae) are bacteria that normally live in your intestines and feces.

These bacteria are harmless when they’re in your intestines. But if they spread to another part of your body, they can cause severe infections. The risk is higher if you’re sick.

K. pneumoniae can infect your:

The location of your infection will determine your symptoms and treatment. Generally, healthy people don’t get K. pneumoniae infections. You’re more likely to get it if you have a weak immune system due to a medical condition or long-term antibiotic use.

K. pneumoniae infections are treated with antibiotics, but some strains have developed drug resistance. These infections are very difficult to treat with normal antibiotics.

• Informative
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The disease Pneumonia is in the lungs, and has a variety of causes. I have no pulmonary symptoms (shortness of breath, coughing, mucus production, etc).

Pneumoniae is part of the name of a group of bacteria. From what I've read, this is probably the clearest:

Klebsiella pneumoniae (K. pneumoniae) are bacteria that normally live in your intestines and feces.

These bacteria are harmless when they’re in your intestines. But if they spread to another part of your body, they can cause severe infections. The risk is higher if you’re sick.

K. pneumoniae can infect your:

The location of your infection will determine your symptoms and treatment. Generally, healthy people don’t get K. pneumoniae infections. You’re more likely to get it if you have a weak immune system due to a medical condition or long-term antibiotic use.

K. pneumoniae infections are treated with antibiotics, but some strains have developed drug resistance. These infections are very difficult to treat with normal antibiotics.

So you have feces throughout your body kinda like you’re full of shinnola? Sorry, just joking a bit. Definitely understand it’s serious and do send you well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.