Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.cbr.com/rumor-blade-marvel-hulu-series/

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but there has been rumors of an upcoming Blade TV series coming to Hulu. Truthfully, this just makes too much sense, especially when you consider Hulu already has an upcoming Helstrom and Ghost Rider show coming as well. It seems Marvel is looking to replace the Netflix street-level corner of their universe that has ended with a delve into the more dark spiritual side. I hope they tie them all together and I think Hulu is the perfect home.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Has anyone caught any of the new Season 3 episodes of Jessica Jones yet? If so, what are your thoughts so far? I have not myself as I'm currently working my way through all the latest round of Arrowverse shows to hit Netflix, which will take me a long while.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Has anyone caught any of the new Season 3 episodes of Jessica Jones yet? If so, what are your thoughts so far? I have not myself as I'm currently working my way through all the latest round of Arrowverse shows to hit Netflix, which will take me a long while.
I binged them. I like some of the characters, but overall I'd say Season 3 is not much better than Season 2 (if that). I don't have time to go into detail, so maybe I shouldn't have left this, but that's a general overall impression.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I binged them. I like some of the characters, but overall I'd say Season 3 is not much better than Season 2 (if that). I don't have time to go into detail, so maybe I shouldn't have left this, but that's a general overall impression.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I thought Season 2 was a pretty big step down from Season 1.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I only have a couple episodes left. I would echo Lawman, there is some good and bad. One glaring issue with the season is it's about 4-5 episodes too long for what the plot needs. The character representations of Trish and Jessica are done well and Hogarth as always, is done very well and showing her constant struggle with her own nature and mortality is great. I am interested to see how this season ends but I can't imagine it moves this season above season 1.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/06/...i-lin-on-marvel-studios-shang-chi-short-list/

Ludi Lin is apparently being considered for Shang Chi. Don't know the dude much, but he sure looks the part. Also, it looks like Donnie Yen might also be in the movie, which would be sweet.

Donnie Yen would be a great get, although would Disney be apprehensive casting him in the MCU after he already appeared in Star Wars: Rogue One?

Andy Lau would be a name that not many Americans know, but his casting alone would make Shang Chi the most successful MCU film in China. Lau would definitely need to work with a dialogue coach, but he has great range as an actor. He hasn't been interested in appearing in Western films - although he did star in The Great Wall alongside Matt Damon.
Lau starred in Infernal Affairs, which was the movie that The Departed was based off of. He played the "Bad Guy turned Cop" character, same role Matt Damon played in The Departed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Lau

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Donnie Yen would be a great get, although would Disney be apprehensive casting him in the MCU after he already appeared in Star Wars: Rogue One?

Andy Lau would be a name that not many Americans know, but his casting alone would make Shang Chi the most successful MCU film in China. Lau would definitely need to work with a dialogue coach, but he has great range as an actor. He hasn't been interested in appearing in Western films - although he did star in The Great Wall alongside Matt Damon.
Lau starred in Infernal Affairs, which was the movie that The Departed was based off of. He played the "Bad Guy turned Cop" character, same role Matt Damon played in The Departed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Lau

I highly doubt being a one-off character in Star Wars would limit using Donnie Yen in the MCU. Shoot, the following is a list of 20 actors/actresses who have already appeared in both Star Wars and the MCU, so he would hardly be the first.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I highly doubt being a one-off character in Star Wars would limit using Donnie Yen in the MCU. Shoot, the following is a list of 20 actors/actresses who have already appeared in both Star Wars and the MCU, so he would hardly be the first.
I totally forgot that both Ben Mendelssohn and Forrest Whittaker made the same jump from Rogue One to the MCU, so I guess there is precedent. I’m curious who the other 18 are

Edit: here’s the article
https://www.screengeek.net/2018/05/27/20-star-wars-mcu-actors/

Some of these are a bit of a stretch

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So I finished season 3 of JJ. Ended in a pretty solid way, still only about = to season 2.
Watch Trish turn and seeing her struggle with it till the very end and seeing her finally cross the last line was well done. They led you there and let you keep questioning if she will right the ship and see what she was becoming or continue to live in denial. I thought it was well done. Another lower budget show that made a mostly good person turn heel in a better more satisfying way than Game Of Thrones.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://deadline.com/2019/06/marvel...s-shang-chi-doctor-strange-2-loki-1202634515/

Marvel is apparently in fact returning to Comic-Con with a Hall H Panel, which is interesting for sure. There is no doubt if they are coming that there will be some big announcements, I'm assuming maybe an announcement of their Phase 4 slate?? We'll see. I thought there was a chance they would hold off on Comic Con and just do all their announcements at D23 instead, which is only a few weeks afterwards.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...-confirms-re-release-with-new-footage-a169025

Apparently Feige is making a last-ditch attempt to push Avengers Endgame over Avatar by adding some new footage to the movie next weekend. Here is what he said:

"Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie," he revealed. "If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend."

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I honestly might go again with that.

I doubt there is much for Phase 4 at ComicCon. I would bet if they are pushing anything it's Far From Home, and the new Disney Plus stuff in the fall.

It definitely won't be enough to pull me in. I've already seen the movie twice and we are close enough now to 4k blu ray that I'll just wait and buy it right when it comes out. Plus, I'm guessing they will have any new footage they release with this also on there.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

For any Chris Hemsworth fans like myself, this video of him with James Corden competing to be the best high-end waiter is straight-up hilarious. Anymore, Hemsworth and Thor's personalities are pretty much converging into one and I couldn't love it more. The dude is hilarious.