Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Happened to look out into the back yard at lunch yesterday, and noticed that somebody had cut our lilac bush off all the way to the ground. Every single branch.

I mentioned it to the vixen when she got home, and she was pissed. We had been talking with our neighbors about lot lines, because there is an odd triangular shaped area between houses that rarely gets mowed. Turns out it belongs to the neighbors in question, so I pointed it out to him, and he's been mowing it regularly.

We both decided they aren't the kind of people who would just arbitrarily cut down a lilac bush without talking to us first (it's very close to being on the property line). So the vixen texted the lady and asked if by chance they had cut it down.

Well.....the lady didn't take it the right way, at all. She is upset that we would assume they did it. (She denied that they did.) And now our neighbors who we thought were our friends are not happy with us. :(

I will be digging the lilac up and transplanting it, they're pretty hardy and should be OK. But I guess in retrospect it should have been handled another way. Am I going to tell the vixen that? Are you nuts? :eek:

My mom had her neighbor cut down an evergreen for her. I got home when he was about done cutting it up. He told me he was doing us a favor. D-bag.

Also, I guess it was your neighbor and that is why she was so defensive.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
What's the exchange rate between a CF like and Facebook like? Is one like dollars and the other like pesos? And which is the dollar.

Must ponder on this some.

Why-is-Thinking-so-important-300x300.jpg
hmmm.gif
hmmm2.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Happened to look out into the back yard at lunch yesterday, and noticed that somebody had cut our lilac bush off all the way to the ground. Every single branch.

I mentioned it to the vixen when she got home, and she was pissed. We had been talking with our neighbors about lot lines, because there is an odd triangular shaped area between houses that rarely gets mowed. Turns out it belongs to the neighbors in question, so I pointed it out to him, and he's been mowing it regularly.

We both decided they aren't the kind of people who would just arbitrarily cut down a lilac bush without talking to us first (it's very close to being on the property line). So the vixen texted the lady and asked if by chance they had cut it down.

Well.....the lady didn't take it the right way, at all. She is upset that we would assume they did it. (She denied that they did.) And now our neighbors who we thought were our friends are not happy with us. :(

I will be digging the lilac up and transplanting it, they're pretty hardy and should be OK. But I guess in retrospect it should have been handled another way. Am I going to tell the vixen that? Are you nuts? :eek:

Time for a face to face chat with the neighbor to clear the air.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
FIFY

Currently the most overused word in the English language.

There are so many comedians that are really lucky they thrived when they did because now everyone needs to be offended.

Chappelle and Chris Rock I'm pretty sure both talked about this in their recent specials.

On the other hand guys like Bill Burr and Norm McDonald are still out there not giving a ****, haha.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
No! Not the fire escape! :eek:
The good citizens of Dana House had a bit of a dispute with the Hall Administrator, one Paul Thibodeaux, who played a little football in his day. Paul came to the house meeting to tell us that we could not be opening the door out onto the fire escape (even when it was super hot--Dana House still had no AC). He made comments to the effect of " I know it's hot. We're all hot, but you got ta use yo own common sense".

My roommate and I went down to Paul's room to talk with him and he was sitting there with an air conditioner on full blast in about 65 degree temps. So when we did the Dana House t-shirts that year, I went to T Galaxy and had the artist make a scene with the Dana House mascot of that time (Marvin the Martian) walking out onto the fire escape and slipping with the slogan "Use Your Own Common Sense". We bought an extra t-shirt for Paul T. and invited him to a Dana House meeting to present it to him.

Yeah, I know, cool story bro'

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The good citizens of Dana House had a bit of a dispute with the Hall Administrator, one Paul Thibodeaux, who played a little football in his day. Paul came to the house meeting to tell us that we could not be opening the door out onto the fire escape (even when it was super hot--Dana House still had no AC). He made made comments to the effect of " I know it's hot. We're all hot, but you got ta use yo own common sense".

My roommate and I went down to Paul's room to talk with him and he was sitting there with an air conditioner on full blast in about 65 degree temps. So when we did the Dana House t-shirts that year, I went to T Galaxy and had the artist make a scene with the Dana House mascot of that time (Marvin the Martian) walking out onto the fire escape and slipping with the slogan "Use Your Own Common Sense". We bought an extra t-shirt for Paul T. and invited him to a Dana House meeting to present it to him.

Yeah, I know, cool story bro'

WTF, we always had that door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.