Would you take a non lethal gunshot to the thigh in exchange for an Iowa State national championship

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Well since there are so many on here willing to take the shot. I guess I don't have to. Since I am an expert marksmen can I be the one to shoot? Also, Do we get to shoot a Hawk fan in the thigh once we win the Championship? Ill do that as well.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Considering my knees are already terrible from the action I saw on just high school football and soccer fields I'd say yeah, probably as long as it was a through and through wound that wouldn't require some crazy surgery to remove the bullet.

Hell, I bet some former cyclone players have worse lasting effects from things they did on the field wearing the cardinal and gold. It's the least we could do.

Also, I'm not doing this.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Would I recover to my elite-level athlete status?
giphy.gif

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Mens basketball is a yes. Even if it hit my femur.
Football I'd have to think about it for a little bit. Definitely not if it hit femur though.

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
If someone asks you to take a bullet for a NC you say yes!

A lot of fanatics in name only around here.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I understand people who like basketball more than football, but I dont get resorting to desperate measures for a NC in basketball. I mean, that actually seems like a realistic possibility. Even as much as we've improved in football, it still feels like it would take human sacrifice or some other extreme voodoo magic to actually make winning a NC a real possibility.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
So there I am, sitting in my full leg cast popping perc's and downing Busch Latte's watching the National Title Game on the tube. 57 seconds left in the 4th quarter, ball on the Alabama 15 yard line. 48-43 Crimson Tide.

Brock is scampering towards the cone on the left side of the end zone and clearly sneaks the tip of the ball across the line. The ref calls him out of bounds, the review is inconclusive.

I now feel a pain in my upper thigh along with my groin, but hey, it's 1st and goal on the 1 inch line.

Brock tries for a QB sneak and reaches the ball across the line AGAIN, but is hit and fumbles the ball. Some future millionaire from Alabama runs it back 99 yards for a touchdown as the clock expires.

I fall off the couch and break the coffee table, beer and pills fly into the air. The football Gods laugh from their lofty perch "YOU'RE AN ISU FAN DUMBASS! I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU LET US SHOOT YOU!"