MLB: ***Official 2019 Milwaukee Brewers Season Thread***

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Chase getting rocked tonight. :( Up until this game, he had given up only one homer (I believe). Hope our offense can start clicking soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Claudio’s wind up always makes me think he’s doing a magic trick or something

Last edited:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Hopefully we can put this one behind us and win the series vs the Fish. The only consolation is that the loss isn't against a NL Central foe. Hope Atlanta holds on to their lead and the Rox and Reds come back for victories tonight.

• Agree

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
You know your pitching is having a terribly off day when a position player ends up with the best pitching performance of the day.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
He had started to do pretty well too. Guess they'd rather watch Travis Shaw go 0/4 with 3 Ks.
I wasn't happy with what transpired - but Shaw did go 2-3 last night with a walk, and he got Milwaukee's only extra-base hit (plus he is a better defensive player). He is still only batting .175, but if he has a very strong June, I will get over my initial disappointment of seeing Keston sent back to AAA.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I wasn't happy with what transpired - but Shaw did go 2-3 last night with a walk, and he got Milwaukee's only extra-base hit (plus he is a better defensive player). He is still only batting .175, but if he has a very strong June, I will get over my initial disappointment of seeing Keston sent back to AAA.
I have a pretty bad attitude towards Shaw. I gave him more than a chance in fantasy and held him way too long. I suppose I'm a classic Gambler's Fallacy victim.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
So far this series reminds me of the baseball version of Space Jam. Where little aliens have stollen all of our teams’ baseball powers.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: kentkel

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
It is amazing to me that we are still up .5 on the Cubs with how the Brewers goes through these batting droughts. Wish we could have capitalized on the Dodgers taking 3 of 4 from the Cubs and the White Sox game yesterday. Seems like this year is destined to go down to the wire like last year.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
It amazes me at how poor we are at offense against rookie pitchers. The same thing occurred against the Twins earlier in the season. If I were a Brewer's opponent, I'd make sure to start at least one newcomer in the series. And to make matters worse on this West Coast trip, is that our offense wasn't bad in SF, yet we still lost that series. Gotta hope that we can avoid the sweep today.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
giphy.gif

• Agree

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Won today to avoid losing the series - I'll ALWAYS take a win! That said, our pitching has been INCREDIBLY shaky as of late. Our starting pitchers just have SO MUCH difficulty eating up innings - our bullpen is severely overworked. Jeffress just about messed up an "easy" win today - gave up two runs and the tying run was at the plate. Fortunately that long fly ball didn't travel much further than it did. I wish the ASG / Break was right now - seems like our pitchers need an extended rest period!

• Agree

Help Support Us

Become a patron