Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Oh Snap! We get may get to see Toussaint vs Greenlee on the B1G Network Sunday @ 3 sometime this year.

@RyanJamesMN 6-3 2019 PG Bryan Greenlee has committed to Minnesota. Greenlee is from The Rock of Gainesville in Florida. Also picked up an Iowa offer at some point

@RyanJamesMN New 2019 Gopher Bryan Greenlee is from The Rock of Gainesville (FL). He is ranked in the Prep Hoops National rankings at 377th overall in the nation, 34th in Florida. Offers from Arkansas State, Iowa, Boston U, Western Michigan, FAU, Old Dominion, etc

James noting "Also picked up an Iowa offer at some point" is a vet move for shade on the commitment

That's the recruiting quote equivalent of suddenly noting that you stepped in dog poop.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Seems like that regional powerhouse Fran is running over there would have better representation in the NBA.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Seems like that regional powerhouse Fran is running over there would have better representation in the NBA.
I remember when the fear was that Tyler Cook would leave after 1 year and be a first round pick lol. They don't seem to realize that Fran has 0 ability to develop someone into an NBA player. Why anyone would want to play for that guy is beyond me.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I remember when the fear was that Tyler Cook would leave after 1 year and be a first round pick lol. They don't seem to realize that Fran has 0 ability to develop someone into an NBA player. Why anyone would want to play for that guy is beyond me.
Because you get to play against BIG talent even though you are a low to mid Div 1 talent. All about playing time...

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Because you get to play against BIG talent even though you are a low to mid Div 1 talent. All about playing time...
And he plays 13 guys so you know you will see the court even if you aren't good. Still a lot to deal with for playing time.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Nobody exceptional does want to play for unless you count that kid who went to Kentucky that came to his senses about Iowa.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Besides Cook, has Fran landed a highly regarded recruit that's not related to him or grew up a Hawkeye fan?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Besides Cook, has Fran landed a highly regarded recruit that's not related to him or grew up a Hawkeye fan?
Garza was a pretty good get. 4* with some solid offers. Besides that, not any that weren't originally Iowa fans or any that ended up being good that I can think of.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron