On That Note - Troubles Seemed So Far Away

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Hey all, welcome to another edition of On That Note. OTN is a music-themed regular weekly post, Wednesdays here on CF. Your hosts vary from week to week. This week is my turn in the barrel. The other guys are @cyclones500 and @CycloneRulzzz.

This week we're thinking about the past. The theme is Songs that are Nostalgic, containing lyrical content that looks back at the past in a positive memory. Thus the title "Troubles Seemed So Far Away" which is a snippet of the lyrics from Yesterday, by the Beatles, of course. I will take that one as one of my first 5 to kick off the thread. Actually, all 5 initial links from me will be Yesterday - plus one each from the Fabs during their solo years.

ONE HUGE CLARIFICATION - PLEASE! This is only songs that in and of themselves have nostalgic content in the lyrics. It is NOT supposed to be some generic song that you just happen to remember fondly from your youth. In other words, a post like, "I remember Jump by Van Halen from back in the day hanging out at the mall with my friends."

Last week's OTN is about Horns/Brass in songs. https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/on-that-note-around-the-horn.248474/

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's when a smoke was a smoke
And groovin' was groovin'
And dancin' meant everything
We were young and we were improvin'
Laughin' laughin' with our friends
Holding hands meant somethin' baby
Outside the club "Cherry Bomb"