***Official Y Cap City Thread***

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I can't say for sure - don't recall that. My D comment was solely from what I'd seen in the videos posted on Youtube. Certainly can't say they're conclusive, but his D didn't look great. His O sure did. (Doesn't mean he can't get there, by all means.)
In this particular CCL game, Tre was getting in the passing lanes and had several deflections and steals. Similar to Tyrese.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think everybody is saying about the same thing here.

It is mostly a debate about how you phrase it and how much of an optimistic coda you want to put on your description of the career of Mr. Lewis so far.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was called that plenty and I turned out alright
giphy.gif

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
I think it's messed up to call any college kid a disappointment.

You know what they say about the perspective of those porta potty sanitary engineers. Their “stinking” perspective never changes and they often demean others in a thinly veiled effort to lift themselves up.

• Winner
Reactions: Seedman

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
It’s always so weird to see people jump on negative information before the season and then turn around in season and just **** on everything and anything and anyone regarding ISU basketball.
To be fair, they're usually never the same people doing both.

• Agree
Reactions: Seedman

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
In this particular CCL game, Tre was getting in the passing lanes and had several deflections and steals. Similar to Tyrese.
Great to hear. I haven't seen any more of this CCL game than the highlights that had been posted. I have big hopes for him, so love to hear that he's playing D - your comments fit w/ my sense that he has an excellent feel for the game. My comments were re: on-the-ball D from his HS videos. Hope he's looking good there too.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Some lock down defense being played on those CCL games. Should be able to tell a lot. We had a guy like 10 years ago just destroying everyone in those games and he ended up sucking. Can't remember his name though.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Watched most of the those two games and I've got to say that Zion Griffin is the one who really stands out to me. Bigger, athletic, and smooth. Worked fairly hard. He is the ideal size to me to try and bang in the Big XII.

Conditt and Solo with some nice defense and hard work against each other and I imagine they'll get sick of each other after a while. Too bad it was most often rewarded with a guard making a 3. So is basketball these days.

Leech looks like a nice guard but hard to tell on guards just making threes in this type of game. Terrance Lewis looks like he should compete for some playing time as well.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
based on cap city league game 1 stats we will have the highest scoring offense in America averaging approx. 240 points per game with 3 guys averaging 35+ and 4 averaging 20+.

It's going to be a record setting season.

This reminds me of the weird way hok fans talk about their teams before a season. X player averaged 10 ppg last season he’ll average 15 this year. This incoming Freshman looks good pencil him in for 10ppg. By then end they’ve always replaced everything they’ve lost plus 20 extra points, more rebounds, more assists...never fails with those morons.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This reminds me of the weird way hok fans talk about their teams before a season. X player averaged 10 ppg last season he’ll average 15 this year. This incoming Freshman looks good pencil him in for 10ppg. By then end they’ve always replaced everything they’ve lost plus 20 extra points, more rebounds, more assists...never fails with those morons.

You are right --

They are really good staying on the mediocrity conveyor belt.

upload_2019-6-18_17-54-3.png