Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Gotten any tick bites you know of? Friend here in the cities had the classic bullseye reaction bite from one late last week. Going on the druggies for the Lymes now. GD Lymes is everywhere. This could be the 2nd go around for my buddy.
We didn't talk about it, but I haven't had any tick bites. Not much in the way of skeeter bites either (West Nile).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Okay, all of you men can now laugh merrily at me. LEW forced ME to go to the doctor today. It might have had something to do with me sleeping about 18 hours out of every 24 since Friday...or not eating any meals since Friday. Or maybe it was the alternating shivers and fever. Maybe it was the fact the every frickin joint and muscle in my body hurts. We STILL don't know what's wrong with me. We do know that I don't have the flu, my white cell count is high, and that I'm running a fever of 101.6, which is about 4.5 degrees higher than my normal temp of 97 (I run low). They're running more test on my blood & urine. I would really like a definitive answer so that we can treat whatever this is. Send me some good thoughts, folks...

Did they test you for Lymes or west Nile yet? Pretty sure Lymes is the one that make your joints hurt. Get better KC!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Found my stepmom. She got stuck in Italy on her way over. Her flight was canceled and she got put on a plane a couple days later. Just got back home last night.

Paris Embassy folks are very nice if you ever need to deal with them. Thankfully my stepmom made me the emergency contact or else they wouldn't have been able to give me any info on her besides "she made her plane from Paris".

Rome embassy folks weren't so nice. But I eventually got the stuff I needed.

Thanks for telling us I was going to @ you if there wasn't something posted. Glad she's safe.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For crying out loud Boxster don't pass up that offer it might kill you but what a way to go ;). :p

Maybe, Getting some biking legs back. Got 13 rides in, mostly around 20 milers. Did get roadie out for first time for 25 miles yesterday. Prior to that the previous five rides had wind gusting over 20 mph. Boo that ****. Weather has not cooperated this year, as you would know down there in the southern part of the rain belt.

Big ibuprofen night here. Maybe a little too much root chopping with a mattock and axe this afternoon for a guy with a left shoulder impingement. And, no, haven't followed up on the ortho referral yet. Looked at the doctor name and number today and thought about it though. :rolleyes:

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
that's what I thought reading as well. Hope it's diagnosed and treated quickly, KC!
me too.
I did just manage to eat a bit of jello and a few bites of leftover pork steak. Now my stomach says "enough". But it's more than I've managed for the past 3 days.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The vixen and I watched the movie Outbreak last night, and now I read that @ImJustKCClone has some sort of virus. :eek: This is not filling me with joy.

I would almost bet it is gastrointestinal related, despite no symptoms that way. The lack of appetite and full feeling makes me think something is at war in your gut.

My Dad would say to eat a piece of burnt toast, and my Mom would give you 7UP. Of course, you are under your own treatment plan. ;)

Just get better, KC. As Moses famously said, "This too shall pass."

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Will be heading for Wisconsin in a couple weeks, the nephew always has a big family bash over July 4th and this year we are attending. Really looking forward to it.....work has been extremely stressful lately.

And then, we'll turn around two weeks after that to go up to Mom's to celebrate her 88th birthday, plus her sister's 90th. When those two get together it's always a blast.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Okay, all of you men can now laugh merrily at me. LEW forced ME to go to the doctor today. It might have had something to do with me sleeping about 18 hours out of every 24 since Friday...or not eating any meals since Friday. Or maybe it was the alternating shivers and fever. Maybe it was the fact the every frickin joint and muscle in my body hurts. We STILL don't know what's wrong with me. We do know that I don't have the flu, my white cell count is high, and that I'm running a fever of 101.6, which is about 4.5 degrees higher than my normal temp of 97 (I run low). They're running more test on my blood & urine. I would really like a definitive answer so that we can treat whatever this is. Send me some good thoughts, folks...
Everybody else has said it but it does kind of sound like Lyme's. The fever seems a bit higher than the people we've known that have had it. Hopefully it's just some sort of virus. Take care.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
On these rare days of sunshine and no gale force winds I regret my current stay up half the night and sleep in routine. Not that it isn't appropriate for all for the rainy cloudy windy weather this year but not ideal for a truly night day like today. Plus I have chores to do, yard work, bike ride, new headlight switch to install in Boxster and pay the ransom at Porsche Mpls to get my old 924S back. Also want to maybe hit happy hour. Yah, sleeping in was not the best.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Well, fever broke last night (and now I need to wash my sheets - yuck). But now I DO have the sore throat he was asking me about. Feels like a band across it that tightens and closes off when I try to swallow. I've only had water so far. Wondering if I'm brave enough to try anything more substantial.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well, fever broke last night (and now I need to wash my sheets - yuck). But now I DO have the sore throat he was asking me about. Feels like a band across it that tightens and closes off when I try to swallow. I've only had water so far. Wondering if I'm brave enough to try anything more substantial.
Ice Cream??

Status
Not open for further replies.