***Official Y Cap City Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't get the TL bashing. He just scored 42 points. Maybe his defense was bad last year, so were Wiggs and Lard and they're going pro. Seems like his mid range game is improving - that might be where we need him anyway - pick and roll guy. If we're moving the 3 point line back, our outside percentages would decrease; I wonder if 3's will still be our modus operendi.

No one is bashing him

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Appreciate all the updates and Thompson's videos, as well as Jared's article. Tre Jackson is one I've felt is very underrated, based on the HS videos I've seen. He can stroke it from anywhere across halfcourt - much like he did in this game 1 - and, he has a good handle too. I expect he'll need to significantly improve on D, but he can bring some O.

Was also very pleased with what Leech, Bolton, and Zion showed. Others looked to have their moments too - again, just going from the highlights. Should be a fun year. JJ will provide some nice scout-team competition in practice as well.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Appreciate all the updates and Thompson's videos, as well as Jared's article. Tre Jackson is one I've felt is very underrated, based on the HS videos I've seen. He can stroke it from anywhere across halfcourt - much like he did in this game 1 - and, he has a good handle too. I expect he'll need to significantly improve on D, but he can bring some O.

Was also very pleased with what Leech, Bolton, and Zion showed. Others looked to have their moments too - again, just going from the highlights. Should be a fun year. JJ will provide some nice scout-team competition in practice as well.
Wasn't his hard nosed defense one of the things Prohm loved about him?

Last edited:

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Just watching those videos, Jackson, Leech, and Griffin really stood out. Condit's shot looks good too.
Conditt wasn't too accurate on threes. So even though his shot looks good, take it with a grain of salt.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Read between the lines what people in the know say about him. It's not bashing it's tempering expectations while people hope the light will all of a sudden turn on. I really hope it does but I'm not holding my breath

Tempering expectations? There doesn't appear to be many for him.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Wasn't his hard nosed defense one of the things Prohm loved about him?
I can't say for sure - don't recall that. My D comment was solely from what I'd seen in the videos posted on Youtube. Certainly can't say they're conclusive, but his D didn't look great. His O sure did. (Doesn't mean he can't get there, by all means.)

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Cap City video from QuadVisual :

Marcedus Leech, Rasir Bolton & Joe Yesufu VS Terrence Lewis, Issa Samake & Javan Johnson

Key Prospects #2 Marcedus Leech 49 pts #13 Rasir Bolton 43 pts #1 Joe Yesufu 18 pts
#24 Terrence Lewis 42 pts #1 Javan Johnson 32 pts #3 Issa Samake 26 pts

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Another video by QuadVisual.

Tre Jackson & George Conditt VS Zion Griffin, Solomon Young & Kourtlin Jackson (YMCA CapCity League)

Key Prospects #3 Tre Jackson 47 PTS #4 George Conditt IV 18 PTS
#0 Zion Griffin 49 PTS #10 Okay Djamgouz 16 PTS
#33 Solomon Young 12 PTS #8 Kourtlin Jackson 15 PTS

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Met the kid on the way out of the gym... Said he will do all of the games. I was looking for the dunk at the 24:35 mark of the game Leech and he had it. Kid had a business card too. Must do it for a side gig or something.
Beats working in a grain mill for $4/hr! Granted, that was 1988. Filming sweaty basketball players would have been a cakewalk.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Tempering expectations? There doesn't appear to be many for him.

Some have them for him. I just don't think it's right to go after a guy like Arctic who posts a lot of great info just because it's negative about a player, especially because it's not like it's some big secret

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Some have them for him. I just don't think it's right to go after a guy like Arctic who posts a lot of great info just because it's negative about a player, especially because it's not like it's some big secret

It’s always so weird to see people jump on negative information before the season and then turn around in season and just **** on everything and anything and anyone regarding ISU basketball.