***Official 2019 U.S. Open Thread***

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If there would have been the average wind and it was firm and fast, Erin Hills would have been great. The only thing the USGA screwed up was Chambers Bay Greens. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of guys who ***** about the ball not staying where it lands and consequences for not hitting the ball to the right spot.

I was up there for the Friday round and there was zero wind. It was crazy how stupid easy they were making some of the holes look. Between the wind and the layout/contour of the green #9 was supposed to be a really tough short par 3. The winds were non existent and the players were able to attack pins. This was just one of the many examples where the course didn't play as designed just simply due to the unfortunate conditions.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Even should win the US Open every time and if its not Even it should be a couple over. It should be the absolute toughest test they see every year. The fact that they've given in to the whining is disheartening.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Like you, I doubt anyone is going to skip the US Open out of protest, but the USGA has quite a history of screwing things up. They're far from blameless.

As far as course setup, no they don't. They ****** up the greens at Chambers and maybe got a little carried away in 04 at Shinnecock. Merion was screwed up but that's because the players want things to play a certain way and the only way to make Merion even close to a test is to do what they did. Courses get harder as they get firmer and faster, not longer. There is a bunch of proof of this out there.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Pebble is starting to come around. First bounces are higher and putts are rolling out. I hope they keep moving it that direction.

The weather & wind has been exceptional. Let's see what the weekend brings.
Tiger was hitting fairways all day, until the last two holes, but only managed one birdie.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I haven't seen Holly Sonders do any interviews; I guess she's not part of the Golf coverage this year.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
The fact they didn’t show Gary Woodland’s 2nd on #6 is bullsh**. I have seen that 2nd shot all day long. I guess if you’re name isn’t Woods, McIlroy, Mickelson, Johnson, Koepka, etc, it doesn’t master.

Woodland is playing awesome right now. Put the guy on the tube.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Zinger and Faxon need to get over Floppy Phil.

Hit the wrong club to the wrong spot, "NOW WATCH THIS!!!"

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I found the broadcast on 702 on DIRECTV.

It went off FS1 completely and I thought I was done.