Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Who started the thread again? Who keeps posting in the thread to keep it going?

And why are you cool with covering up assault, and denying poor people a place to live?
Why are you cool spewing vitriol and Ad hominem attacks at strangers on a frigging internet message board? Do you really take this stuff that seriously? Maybe try a Valium. Gain some perspective.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Why are you cool spewing vitriol and Ad hominem attacks at strangers on a frigging internet message board? Do you really take this stuff that seriously? Maybe try a Valium. Gain some perspective.

Attack? Telling “thinker” he’s dumb is more of a public service.

And all of these things actually happened, and there’s never been one comment actually condemning them from you, or the other “good” hawk fans. Why?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

And all of these things actually happened, and there’s never been one comment actually condemning them from you, or the other “good” hawk fans. Why?
I'm sorry that I don't feel that I need to be morally audited by Yusuf Islam.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm sorry that I don't feel that I need to be morally audited by Yusuf Islam.

How is saying rape is wrong and the football program is not bigger than her rights and humanity a moral audit?

How is saying using housing designed for poor people as a way to put cash in players pockets wrong a moral audit?

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
How is saying rape is wrong and the football program is not bigger than her rights and humanity a moral audit?

How is saying using housing designed for poor people as a way to put cash in players pockets wrong a moral audit?
Of course Rape is wrong. Ferentz didn't cover anything up. You of course will deny this but it's the truth. If I believed he did, of course he would lose my support and I would push for his termination.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Of course Rape is wrong. Ferentz didn't cover anything up. You of course will deny this but it's the truth. If I believed he did, of course he would lose my support and I would push for his termination.

So you’re calling the parents of the victim liars then?

And no you wouldn’t have. Because you haven’t.

And of course nothing about denying poor people decent housing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I dont think it's much of a reach that at the minimum Kirk was involved in the illegal treatment of Jane Meyer.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So you’re calling the parents of the victim liars then?

And no you wouldn’t have. Because you haven’t.

And of course nothing about denying poor people decent housing.
I don’t like what Ferentz did either . But please, tell me what poor people were “denied housing”? As I recall, he took a roommate spot with other young men.

What he did was bad enough without creating a fictional narrative.

And grow up. The was what, fifteen, twenty years ago? Let it go. ISU sports figures have hardly been saints either. Glass houses.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don’t like what Ferentz did either . But please, tell me what poor people were “denied housing”? As I recall, he took a roommate spot with other young men.

And grow up. The was what, fifteen, twenty years ago? Let it go. ISU sports figures have hardly been saints either. Glass houses.
I think taking advantage of a loophole like that is a bad look. People that really may have needed that apt might not have been able to get it.
Now, Kirk may not have known about the situation because of how busy he is, but no way would Mrs Ferentz not know about it if he lived in the same town as them. I cant imagine that happening.
We've also seen the landscaping pettiness between them and their neighbors so you know money does matter to them.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

It was a recruiting tool. They passed the leases on to teammates. Housing that was marked for low income individuals, including lots of single mothers, was monopolized by the football program to pay the players.

They received their housing allowance, and paid a fraction of what they had allotted. They pocketed all the extra cash.

It was pretty widely known in recruiting circles.

I don’t pretend for one second Iowa State athletes are angels. I also don’t pretend that the coaches are saintly like these hawk fans do either.

Just be nice to actually see one of these “good” fans actually say this was ****. Instead they minimize and deflect. It’s like rw’ers try to joke about racism to deflect away the truth about themselves.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I think taking advantage of a loophole like that is a bad look. People that really may have needed that apt might not have been able to get it.
Now, Kirk may not have known about the situation because of how busy he is, but no way would Mrs Ferentz not know about it if he lived in the same town as them. I cant imagine that happening.
We've also seen the landscaping pettiness between them and their neighbors so you know money does matter to them.

Jesus, the idea that a multi million dollar employee, whose vocation brings millions to the area On game days, wouldn’t ******* know everything going on with his players is ridiculous enough. But to pretend he doesn’t know where his kid lives, and what the apartment complex serves for residents, is beyond the scope of dumb.

When cam lard got in trouble, I will guarantee you the first call the police made was to Steve Prohm. You think that isn’t the case in Iowa City?

For these jerkoffs to try to pretend their coaches are innocent, means they think they’re stupid. Why would you want that as your coach? Due to being the most insecure fan base in the country, Hawk fans are the very first to cast stones at other programs.

Well their coach covered up a rape by two of his players, and then gave them glowing recommendations to the schools they transferred to. They also used a scam to abuse a program for people that genuinely needed it, in order to pay players.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
IR is IR.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

Except everything I have posted is in an article or news release, you on the other hand can not handle that. Cat Stevens "Just accept ISU is better than Iowa and getting more national press"..... except they arent.......

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

you are really on your tip toes with KF theory of morals, it is kind of disturbing.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Jesus, the idea that a multi million dollar employee, whose vocation brings millions to the area On game days, wouldn’t ******* know everything going on with his players is ridiculous enough. But to pretend he doesn’t know where his kid lives, and what the apartment complex serves for residents, is beyond the scope of dumb.

When cam lard got in trouble, I will guarantee you the first call the police made was to Steve Prohm. You think that isn’t the case in Iowa City?

For these jerkoffs to try to pretend their coaches are innocent, means they think they’re stupid. Why would you want that as your coach? Due to being the most insecure fan base in the country, Hawk fans are the very first to cast stones at other programs.

Well their coach covered up a rape by two of his players, and then gave them glowing recommendations to the schools they transferred to. They also used a scam to abuse a program for people that genuinely needed it, in order to pay players.

Dude, parents do not even know everything their kids are doing. How is a coach going to? You must live in a bubble.

• Dislike
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
you are really on your tip toes with KF theory of morals, it is kind of disturbing.
He's taken the stand in a court case the U of I lost.
The other topic I pointed out I said he may not have known about it.

Neither one of those is disturbing dumb ass.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dude, parents do not even know everything their kids are doing. How is a coach going to? You must live in a bubble.
I'm sure most parents would know if their kid lived in low income housing. My parents and I filled out FAFSA together and they would stop by a couple times a year.