Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Weird experience at work this morning....some guy was wandering around the area, just kind of checking stuff out. He walked over to where we park our vehicles, and our manager went out to talk with him. Told him he probably needed to move on.

So he walked around the block, stopping to check things out now and again, drinking from a bottle of some kind that he carried with him. Stopped across the street and bummed a smoke from one of the girls that works there.

Eventually the police came, they had a couple officers posted here and there. One cruiser just kind of driving around, watching for something to happen.

I have no idea who the guy is, or what he's up to, but it's just sort of weird. o_O

Welcome to having a hobo around.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
After some discussion with other parents, I proceeded to organize a game watch for the Women's World Cup game on Sunday for my daughter's soccer team. It's on Father's Day, but since the other games fall during the week, I assumed most people would be working for those. Taking into account that it's Father's Day and summer (vacation time) I reached to everyone a week ago and then again this week to try to get a head count.

I wasn't sure what kind of turnout I'd get, but I was hoping for something around 50-60%. I received a few quick responses on the group chat, some negative and some positive. However, I still have 6 people that haven't responded at all.

Is it too much to expect a response from adults to whether or not people can attend something if given a week's notice and multiple E-mail/text notices? It's not like it's some high-pressure question. I just find it odd to not respond at all.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
MRW I misjudge my work's TP and I breakthrough the wad of 1 ply and finger my unclean butthole.

Q6Y2.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
After some discussion with other parents, I proceeded to organize a game watch for the Women's World Cup game on Sunday for my daughter's soccer team. It's on Father's Day, but since the other games fall during the week, I assumed most people would be working for those. Taking into account that it's Father's Day and summer (vacation time) I reached to everyone a week ago and then again this week to try to get a head count.

I wasn't sure what kind of turnout I'd get, but I was hoping for something around 50-60%. I received a few quick responses on the group chat, some negative and some positive. However, I still have 6 people that haven't responded at all.

Is it too much to expect a response from adults to whether or not people can attend something if given a week's notice and multiple E-mail/text notices? It's not like it's some high-pressure question. I just find it odd to not respond at all.

Yes, apparently is too much!

Or, some adults don't want to but don't want to acknowledge because their daughter's might want/like to do it. They can claim to have not seen or noticed the email later when the kids are talking about how cool Coolers gamewatch was!

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Boxster, the positive of windy days means no mosquitos when we go outside at 6pm!

Baby updates: he greatly reduces his goodwill love reserve when he is awake from 2:55am to 5:45am on a worknight. DH took him for a 1 mile walk in the stroller at 5:30am to get him to fall asleep. If you knew DH, you'd know that he's far more likely to be going to bed at that time than out walking :eek: Third night in a row of ****** sleep for us. I should go to bed. I will. At 11.

Additionally, he may not be a fan of the food I place on his tray at dinner time, but by golly, he identified that tiny brown popcorn shell on the brown floor and brought it to his mouth before I quite rudely stripped it away. Last week he tried to pick a freckle off my leg. So the good news is he has perfect vision.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boxster, the positive of windy days means no mosquitos when we go outside at 6pm!

Baby updates: he greatly reduces his goodwill love reserve when he is awake from 2:55am to 5:45am on a worknight. DH took him for a 1 mile walk in the stroller at 5:30am to get him to fall asleep. If you knew DH, you'd know that he's far more likely to be going to bed at that time than out walking :eek: Third night in a row of ****** sleep for us. I should go to bed. I will. At 11.

Additionally, he may not be a fan of the food I place on his tray at dinner time, but by golly, he identified that tiny brown popcorn shell on the brown floor and brought it to his mouth before I quite rudely stripped it away. Last week he tried to pick a freckle off my leg. So the good news is he has perfect vision.

Sleep coach! Saw this a few days back as a reprint in the Star Tribune and thought of you and TN but forgot to post.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busi...sleep-training-to-workers-20190529-story.html

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
College World Series opening ceremony was tonight. I decided to go downtown, set up my camera and try to photograph the fireworks. 10 seconds before they begin work calls and I spend my time talking them through a problem. I was clicking the remote shutter the whole time but have no idea if I got anything worth a darn. :(

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Welp got my yard mowed and some of my next outside project done before taking the rain delay. Maybe monday before I can get back to the next one.

Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Operation Coffee Maker is complete. Had to replace two thermal fuses but it's back up and rocking the brew again. Heating element, measured after I was done, only gets to like 130 C and the fuses were 240 C so I think they just got brittle from age and tripped. Don't think the elements ever got to anything near 240 C.

Side note: How cool are the electronic instant read cooking thermometers? So useful.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Sleep coach! Saw this a few days back as a reprint in the Star Tribune and thought of you and TN but forgot to post.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busi...sleep-training-to-workers-20190529-story.html

I'd rather they start by offering parental leave on par with the first world :rolleyes:

We did try letting him cry for a little bit last night to get him to self soothe whixhbis iften the method sleep trainers use. 10 minutes and he puked/spit up from angry crying and it took another hour for him to fall asleep via rocking. So it went super well.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd rather they start by offering parental leave on par with the first world :rolleyes:

We did try letting him cry for a little bit last night to get him to self soothe whixhbis iften the method sleep trainers use. 10 minutes and he puked/spit up from angry crying and it took another hour for him to fall asleep via rocking. So it went super well.

First night or two are the worst. After that it improves.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Very Nice! I was excited for LM to see fireworks till I remembered that's well past bedtime

Rules are made to be broken.;) Though I would recommend a pair of those baby earmuffs for the loud boomers. I've seen them on babies in Hilton but have no idea where they get them (Amazon I suppose).

• Agree
Reactions: cyrevkah
Status
Not open for further replies.