NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I could see this with how anxious I was throughout Game 7, but ISU winning a championship is probably the only thing that could top the World Series for me in terms of sheer joy.

Regardless, congrats!

Thanks man. I took that season for granted and expected a World Series with how hot we started and the amount of talent we had. Enjoyed this Raptors run so much because I never expected it.

Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Thanks man. I took that season for granted and expected a World Series with how hot we started and the amount of talent we had. Enjoyed this Raptors run so much because I never expected it.

It's not nearly as much fun when your team has the burden of high expectations. The championship runs that materialize out of nowhere are easily the best.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and CloneFan4

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If Portland put McCollum, Zach Collins, and a 1st round pick on the table for AD, which side says no to that?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If Portland put McCollum, Zach Collins, and a 1st round pick on the table for AD, which side says no to that?

Great trade proposal. Depends on if Portland wants to go for it for one year or if they are content to be a consistent playoff team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In the West? With $70M of the $109M sitting out? Steph cannot carry a team himself.
If Boogie Cousins decides to stay. A lineup of Steph, Livingston, Iggy, Draymond, and Boogie would not be a terrible starting lineup, however they'd need some players to step up big time to be able to compete for a playoff spot in the West.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If Boogie Cousins decides to stay. A lineup of Steph, Livingston, Iggy, Draymond, and Boogie would not be a terrible starting lineup, however they'd need some players to step up big time to be able to compete for a playoff spot in the West.

Neither of these guy want anything to do with playing 30+ mins a night at this stage. Livingston very well might retire this year and Iguodala is basically on regular season coast mode at this point in his career, he's all about saving his legs for the playoffs.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Neither of these guy want anything to do with playing 30+ mins a night at this stage. Livingston very well might retire this year and Iguodala is basically on regular season coast mode at this point in his career, he's all about saving his legs for the playoffs.
Yeah that's probably true. This off season will be interesting for the Warriors with who they will get back and whether or not they'll try to restructure any of their bench, because as shown, that bench was pretty awful when they actually had to play significant minutes.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Yeah that's probably true. This off season will be interesting for the Warriors with who they will get back and whether or not they'll try to restructure any of their bench, because as shown, that bench was pretty awful when they actually had to play significant minutes.

They had a weird roster from a purely positional breakdown. They carry a ton of centers for a team that plays a lot of small ball. They have only one true back up guard on their bench (Cook) if you consider Livingston more of a wing, yet they had Looney, Cousins, Bogut, and Bell all coming off the bench at times. Like you said, it will be interesting to see what they can come up with to improve their bench with very limited resources.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
They had a weird roster from a purely positional breakdown. They carry a ton of centers for a team that plays a lot of small ball. They have only one true back up guard on their bench (Cook) if you consider Livingston more of a wing, yet they had Looney, Cousins, Bogut, and Bell all coming off the bench at times. Like you said, it will be interesting to see what they can come up with to improve their bench with very limited resources.

There are some vets out there who might be up for a season or two of ring chasing at the vet minimum. Darren Collison and Cory Joseph are both unlikely to re-sign with Indy. Low cost options who could spell Curry during the regular season.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know Boogie is a former all-star, but the Warriors would have been better served using the same money to get a serviceable guard instead of another big man.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Did Nike and the NBA really have to create such a ****** championship shirt? Not wearable.

thumb.aspx

Went with this instead