NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
With so many teams making the playoffs in the NBA, I'd imagine even Curry/Green/Boogie could limp into 7th/8th seed.
Well if Durant opts back in for a single year the Warriors wont be able to add pieces so I think 7/8 is best case.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
After party with two Torontonians we just met! Never thought I'd say this but I'm enjoying this more than the Cubs World Series win.

WE THE NORTH

I could see this with how anxious I was throughout Game 7, but ISU winning a championship is probably the only thing that could top the World Series for me in terms of sheer joy.

Regardless, congrats!

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
With so many teams making the playoffs in the NBA, I'd imagine even Curry/Green/Boogie could limp into 7th/8th seed.

Boogie won't be there, they're going to have to put a huge load on Curry to make the playoffs. Think back to how hard the Clips pushed Golden St in round one, there's not a huge difference between the second best team in the West and the 10th best.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It really sucks to see the Warriors lose this way. I've never had an NBA team to root for, but I would always find myself watching them play ever since 2015 due to their play style and fire they show. If they were going to get knocked off their throne, I wish it could have been in a different way. The domino effect of injuries during this series made the victory by Toronto feel a little bit different. Not saying Toronto could not have won against a healthy Warriors team, and injuries are for sure part of the game, but there will be many people in the sports world that put an asterisk by this championship series.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyched

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It really sucks to see the Warriors lose this way. I've never had an NBA team to root for, but I would always find myself watching them play ever since 2015 due to their play style and fire they show. If they were going to get knocked off their throne, I wish it could have been in a different way. The domino effect of injuries during this series made the victory by Toronto a little bit different. Not saying Toronto could not have won against a healthy Warriors team, and injuries are for sure part of the game, but there will be many people in the sports world that put an asterisk by this championship series.

No asterisk, that's ridiculous .

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
He'll leave Toronto a legend and head to LA. Toronto has aging players and will need to rebuild soon. Siakam is gonna be a star but Gasol and Lowry cant have much left.

Toronto is in a pretty good short and long term situation. If Kawhi resigns they basically run it back with the same group that just won the title plus they were missing OG Anunoby all postseason, who really unlocks a lot more lineups for them. Then they have pretty much a blank slate the year after, only Norman Powell and Anunoby under contract. Lock up Siakam and that's a nice young core plus cap space for a very solid front office to build around.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It really sucks to see the Warriors lose this way. I've never had an NBA team to root for, but I would always find myself watching them play ever since 2015 due to their play style and fire they show. If they were going to get knocked off their throne, I wish it could have been in a different way. The domino effect of injuries during this series made the victory by Toronto feel a little bit different. Not saying Toronto could not have won against a healthy Warriors team, and injuries are for sure part of the game, but there will be many people in the sports world that put an asterisk by this championship series.

So Golden St gets an asterisk by all three of its titles for facing a depleted Cavs team in '15, the Kawhi injury in '17 and the CP3 injury with Houston up 3-2 in '18?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Not going to sit here and say Toronto didn't deserve to win because of injuries - but I would have loved to see these teams match up at full strength. Its a damn shame because would have been a greater series than it already was. Kawhi was Kawhi, FVV is the kid you hate, but wish was on your team - and Thompson was unbelievable this series.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Boogie won't be there, they're going to have to put a huge load on Curry to make the playoffs. Think back to how hard the Clips pushed Golden St in round one, there's not a huge difference between the second best team in the West and the 10th best.

I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it's not out of the world impossible to think they can't do better than only 7 teams in the standings.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

By your logic, some of the Warriors' championships need asterisks.