Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Honestly I would put Niang #1, Kane #2, and Ejim #3 that year.

Putting a Third Team player over 2 First Team players? Georges was probably our most important offensive player, but his defense wasn't particularly good.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Jeff's is great when drunk at 2 am. The true best pizza in Ames is Great Plains
So was Home Team pizza, for those that are old enough to remember it. Home of the "create-a-coupon" deal.

"Home Team, what can I get you?"
"Yeah, I've got a coupon for 3 large pizzas with unlimited toppings and bread sticks for 7 dollars."
"7 dollars each or total?"
"Total"
"Ok."
"Wait wait, it also says I get another medium pizza free..."
"...and a two liter of Coke"
"For 7 dollars?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, just give the coupon to the driver"
"It's an online coupon"
"Alright, whatever"

As long as you gave a decent tip, those guys didn't give a ****. Great for after the bars closed down and nobody in your group had any money left.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Never heard of engineering, eh?
The College of Engineering says hello.
Depending on what ranking you use ISU College of Engineering is not in the top 10%. For 2019, US News and World Report ranks ISU #41 of 220 schools.

If an ISU sports team does not finish the year in the top 25, do they have much national relevance?

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So was Home Team pizza, for those that are old enough to remember it. Home of the "create-a-coupon" deal.

"Home Team, what can I get you?"
"Yeah, I've got a coupon for 3 large pizzas with unlimited toppings and bread sticks for 7 dollars."
"7 dollars each or total?"
"Total"
"Ok."
"Wait wait, it also says I get another medium pizza free..."
"...and a two liter of Coke"
"For 7 dollars?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, just give the coupon to the driver"
"It's an online coupon"
"Alright, whatever"

As long as you gave a decent tip, those guys didn't give a ****. Great for after the bars closed down and nobody in your group had any money left.

****** going in and even shittier coming out.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Here are career stats for two ISU players:

Player A: 1643 points, 1051 rebounds, 188 assists, 146 steals, 59 blocks, 0.497 fg%, and 0.305 3 pt%.

Player B: 1825 points, 666 rebounds, 308 assists, 134 steals, 82 blocks, 0.534 fg%, and 0.333 3 pt%.

Player A is Ejim and B is Julius Michalik. I’ve never heard people call for Michalik’s jersey to be retired.

Of course Ejim was awarded Big 12 POY and had academic honors, but I really only care about stats when deciding to retire jerseys. Plus, the year Ejim won Big 12 POY he wasn’t even the best player on the team.

Melvin was an All American and Big 12 POY. Scholar athlete of the year in the Big 12. Made at least honorable mention Big 12 all four years. 4th player ever with 1500 pts and 1000 rebounds. 2nd all time in rebounds. And yes, he was the best player on the team his senior year. He was the best player in the Big 12. I think that's why the AP and Coaches chose him as POY??????

It's really a no brainer.

Ejim, Niang and Morris should all go up.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Melvin was an All American and Big 12 POY. Scholar athlete of the year in the Big 12. Made at least honorable mention Big 12 all four years. 4th player ever with 1500 pts and 1000 rebounds. 2nd all time in rebounds. And yes, he was the best player on the team his senior year. He was the best player in the Big 12. I think that's why the AP and Coaches chose him as POY??????

It's really a no brainer.

Ejim, Niang and Morris should all go up.

I have never understood the resistance to Melvin's #3 being in the rafters.

What more did the guy have to do on or off the court?

Niang and Morris seem to be unanimous selections, and neither of them won CPOTY (though they were stuck behind Buddy Hield and Frank Mason, to be fair).

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
1) Even as an undergrad, ISU/Ames was the most fun when there were the least amount of students around (fall/winter/spring breaks and summer term)

2) Engineering majors think they have the most important major and profession...more simply they lack perspective and humility (this is not exclusive to ISU)

3) ISU has never had a major role in "feeding the world" nor does the state of Iowa and my fellow farmers

4) There seems to be a higher % of attractive ladies at U of I compared to ISU (coming from the soon-to-be husband married to a gorgeous ISU grad).

5) "Dilly Dilly" Needs to Die ;)

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I believe Morris is ISU’s career leader in assists and steals, so I would think pretty favorably. I’d have to look into it more though...
Morris
1708 pts
768 assists
225 steals
516 rebounds
165 turnovers
.381 3%
.476 fg%

Stinson
1651 pts
448 assists
200 steals
524 rebounds
330 turnovers
.301 3%
.457 fg%
I'm surprised Monte had that many turnovers.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
wgTaDdw.png

Funniest thing you've ever posted @Sigmapolis, Nice of you to make me LOL.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis