Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Oliver Martin didn't play at a blue blood though.. That's where that argument is coming from. He also didn't want to go to Iowa in the first place but he knows he can play there. The guys that we got which were highly ranked were recruited in and committed to us from the get go, and are already in the system and ready to go.

He played at Michigan. That is a blue blood college football program.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He played at Michigan. That is a blue blood college football program.
He got into 7 games during his time there. He had 11 catches and his name wasn't talked about at all. That's what I meant.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Oliver Martin didn't play at a blue blood though.. That's where that argument is coming from. He also didn't want to go to Iowa in the first place but he knows he can play there. The guys that we got which were highly ranked were recruited in and committed to us from the get go, and are already in the system and ready to go.

No! No! No! Rob Howe said that wasn't the case!!!

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'm saying he really didn't play there which is crazy because their WRs sucked when he was there
He had better stats in 1 year of PT that Pettway did in his first 2 years of PT at Arkansas. Good thing Pettway was the number 1 last year so he could get some stats.

• Creative
Reactions: Statefan10

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
OK guys this is Yeahbuddy for sure. He always said "it is cute" when he was losing an argument too
Nope I am not him. If you do your research again you can see for yourself I tore him apart in the basketball forums.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I thought Butler was better than Lazard his soph. year. My Friends as hawk fans did too. We told each other Butler is an NFL talent. I said at the beginning of last year he will leave early for the NFL. Iowa has guys offered by blue bloods too, but that does not matter with regards to them having played. Oliver Martin for 1, was offered and played at a blue blood and is considered a meh pick up because we are Iowa. That is how this website works for some reason.

As usual, you get 1/2 of it right, and that is being generous.

Martin went to a blue blood, couldn't cut it there and so is going to a program where his talent level might have a chance to see the field more. Happens all the time. i.e. He took a step or two down to Iowa because he wasn't as good as people thought. Not really that hard to understand and contrary to how all hoks think, it is not the fact he is going to Iowa that drives the analysis. Iowa isn't the center for the CFB world and I am not sure you can even see it from there. It is the fact he is a player from the state that didn't make it at his original stop that drives the story.

Keep going though, you'll get one of your guesses right. You certainly make enough of them.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He had better stats in 1 year of PT that Pettway did in his first 2 years of PT at Arkansas. Good thing Pettway was the number 1 last year so he could get some stats.
Yeah it also probably feels bad as a Hawkeye fan that Oliver Martin, pride of Iowa City West, and a long time Hawkeye fan didn't want to play for the beloved and historic University of Iowa football program he grew up loving. But hey congrats. Now he does want to be there! You get Michigan's hand-me downs that no one else wanted. We'll take the proven 6'3" 219 pound grad transfer who we battled with Auburn to get.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope I am not him. If you do your research again you can see for yourself I tore him apart in the basketball forums.

OK Buddy. Makes so much sense now because he'd be the only one this excited about landing a transfer nobody else wanted

• Winner
Reactions: casey1973